Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Is refresh worth it?

Nicola Kleiser

Join
Jun 24, 2017
Loc
UK
my spark has arrived. I didn't buy refresh but still can. What's the general opinion as to it's worth? I'm most worried out a fly away which it doesn't cover.
Where's the best place to put a sticker with my contact details in case it does get lost?

Reactions: Advexure
For the cost, DJI Refresh is worth it.

Some people in the US are opting for a Personal article policy from State Farm. $60.

I believe you are only able to add this line of coverage to an existing policy. I do not think it can be obtained as a standalone coverage if you are not using State Farm for another type of their coverage. This is just from what we've been told, can't confirm if this is 100% true, maybe someone who has added State Farm coverage can shed a bit more light on the subject.

Where's the best place to put a sticker with my contact details in case it does get lost?
On the top dead center. It's either there or on the inside of the battery compartment with a very thin sticker. I may do that myself! Although I wouldn't be very hopeful of return considering if mine fell it'd be directly into one of two oceans xD

Let me see if I can find the link. On this some other board someone put together a list of about 25 agents where people bought just that policy. This question was raised and people called another office and did it. I too a screenshot of my state in the list. They even has people who had made claims and were successful. I'll either find the link or let you know if I'm successful.

I found the link but I know admins don't like links to other boards so PM if you want the link to the actual thread. Here is the link to the google doc with the list of agents.

State Farm UAS Agents

I believe you are only able to add this line of coverage to an existing policy. I do not think it can be obtained as a standalone coverage if you are not using State Farm for another type of their coverage. This is just from what we've been told, can't confirm if this is 100% true, maybe someone who has added State Farm coverage can shed a bit more light on the subject.

Another question, how does it work. I've just paid for it entered my serial number but it's just emailed me as an order. Do you receive physical documentation?

Reactions: Advexure
What I do is I put an RTF file on the SD card titled; Owner_Info.txt
In this file I have my name, FAA number, Phone Number, and a statement; "If found call XXX-XXX-XXXX for a reward upon this drones return to its owner".

I talked to a State Farm Agent, two in-fact. Both said they will indeed insure your Drone under some policy. You don't need to have auto or home owner's insurance with them...

Personally, I'm more concerned with liability insurance if I hit someone or hit something and cause damage. You could be potentially sued for everything you own.. Home owner's or renter's insurance MAY or MAY NOT cover you. The insurance companies I talked to said its on a case by case basis...

Reactions: Dronason
Personally, I'm more concerned with liability insurance if I hit someone or hit something and cause damage. You could be potentially sued for everything you own.. Home owner's or renter's insurance MAY or MAY NOT cover you. The insurance companies I talked to said its on a case by case basis...
Here in Switzerland it is mandatory by law to have liability insurance. An accident can happen at any time, over anything. Chance it happens is low but consequences can be potentially very big.

Reactions: Sparkbart
Another question, how does it work. I've just paid for it entered my serial number but it's just emailed me as an order. Do you receive physical documentation?

Through a dealer you would either be emailed an activation code or receive a card in the shipment that has an activation code. You then go online with that activation code and your aircraft's serial number to activate the Care Refresh Plan.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme