Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Is the new smart controller compatible

No. It's only compatible with DJI drones that use OcuSync 2.0 (like the Mavic 2 models).

It's not compatible with my wallet. Isn't the thing like $650? Dang.

I'm not a super fan of the spark controller, since I can't fit my 8plus and case in the holder. I have to mount an aftermarket metal stand. But that sure beats an expensive controller.

Reactions: Larry Woodruff
well then okay I was wondering because I want a device to replace my phone in flight

I'm not a super fan of the spark controller, since I can't fit my 8plus and case in the holder. I have to mount an aftermarket metal stand. But that sure beats an expensive controller.
Some modify the rubber parts (even remove them completly) on the arms of RC..
Have to admit I remove my silicon case of my Note8 before every flight...

Your 8+ doesn't fit? I use my 8+ with the otterbox defender, it fits perfectly so I can still hit all the buttons. At first I thought it wouldn't fit, you just have to finesse it a little lol

I just wanted to see an option because my phone and the spark don't work together well.
what about the crystal sky

Your 8+ doesn't fit? I use my 8+ with the otterbox defender, it fits perfectly so I can still hit all the buttons. At first I thought it wouldn't fit, you just have to finesse it a little lol
Some modify the rubber parts (even remove them completly) on the arms of RC..
Have to admit I remove my silicon case of my Note8 before every flight...

I have a pretty thin case and pushing it in means the controller tries to push the case off the phone. No dice without modification.

I do actually prefer the phone elevated with this mount. Then my big fat hands don't cover the screen. I use this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071RK5FYY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have this exact model. Terrific unit, for phone or big tablet. All Aluminum alloy, stores compact, great grip with openings in the "jaws' to accommodate phone cables. Nice rubber cushions on jaws.[emoji106]

Reactions: charliespark
No need for large fone screen that don't fit controller ?
Just buy an old used SE iPhone, or iPhone 6, dedicate it only to your spark, that's the way to go !
No dramas .... simple !
best part about Spark is that it is so small, almost stealth like, why do you need extra items to set up & drawn more attention like huge screens, totally wasted effort IMO

That smart controller is super expensive here in SA - around $1k.
Currently I use the Spark controller and my old iPhone 6s - which is now dedicated to flying with the drone.

Well it looks like I'm stuck unless I get a new phone which is a no
Or you can get the normal controller which works quite well. And then you pair the controller with your phone, giving you a bit more range and better video signal.

No need for large fone screen that don't fit controller ?
Just buy an old used SE iPhone, or iPhone 6, dedicate it only to your spark, that's the way to go !
No dramas .... simple !
best part about Spark is that it is so small, almost stealth like, why do you need extra items to set up & drawn more attention like huge screens, totally wasted effort IMO
**** I never thought of that. I've been trying to give my old 5 se awayThanks!

Well it looks like I'm stuck unless I get a new phone which is a no

You could always get an older iPhone like a 6s. They may be super cheap. You don't even have to put in on cellular. Use wifi to download the app and get updates, then you use the controller with the phone on airplane mode with OTG cable. Boom cheap screen.

You could always get an older iPhone like a 6s. They may be super cheap. You don't even have to put in on cellular. Use wifi to download the app and get t updates, then you use the controller with the phone on airplane mode with OTG cable. Boom cheap screen.
I have a 6 right now
but ehh I don"t know

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex