Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Is there a Spark v2 on the horizon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
what I want from a spark is it not to fly away it. Oops too late

You posted you were at an altitude of 983' when you lost your Spark. You do know you are not supposed to go that high, right?????

Do you think maybe that had something to do with you losing it? Most of the Spark flyaways are caused by careless pilots, and if not, they will give you a new one for free.

That's 982 ft not 982 kilometers. As far as I know we are allowed to go and the US below 2000 ft I was flying at 982 ft because I got a better signal that way then if I was only at 400 ft. And unless there's something I don't know or I read something wrong I'm not sure I just was flying where I got a good signal as well as I'm still below the mountains buy a few thousand feet and no commercial aircraft are flying below the mountains here.

I believe the maximum height in the U.S. is now as it is here 400FT. I've tested my Spark to link loss over water here and find (using OTG) it gets flakey at around 700M, I'm on the CE power output which is less than the U.S. models. Being WiFi not occusync it's VERY particular about antenna orientation. Directly above at 2000FT would be worse than 2000FT away out at 45º angle at 400FT height with the antenna correctly oriented.

Before anyone starts, I only qualified as a Telecommunications technician almost 40 years ago, hold an Advanced Class Amateur Radio Certificate, Maritime Operators Certificate and an Aeronautical Radio Operators Certificate along with the Remote Pilot's certification so no, I guess I wouldn't know anything.

I'm not going directly into the "fly aways" issue, I've not had one but of course I could. There are several videos on YouTube on how to avoid that, I'd just suggest any spark owner new or old watch them.

I just thought I'd add to my earlier post above to say that I saw three new Sparks in the box today with manufacturing stickers marked December 2018 so production is not ramping down and my dealer tells me there are large stocks in inventory so that suggests we are not going to see a new model before mid year. Most of the upgrades people would want like a 3 axis gimbal, 4k and Occusynch would put the price point where it would canabilise sales from teh Mavic Air so we may not see much of an upgrade at all.

Regards
Ari

Last edited:
That's 982 ft not 982 kilometers. As far as I know we are allowed to go and the US below 2000 ft I was flying at 982 ft because I got a better signal that way then if I was only at 400 ft. And unless there's something I don't know or I read something wrong I'm not sure I just was flying where I got a good signal as well as I'm still below the mountains buy a few thousand feet and no commercial aircraft are flying below the mountains here.

You are flying at an altitude of 982 feet because that's how you get a good signal?

And you are surprised the wind took your Spark at that altitude?!?

Your post summed up the problem well:
"As far as I know...
There's something I don't know...
I read something wrong...
I'm not sure..."

Andra; I hope I didn't say you didn't know anything? In the DJI app for settings if I remember it says 20 to 500 meters on return to home. And so is the height it says 20- 500 m in height. An atom the time that I had my drone I flew it at different height around here in the desert to see what I got the best signals. When I would fly at 200 feet high I wouldn't get as good of a signal. Either way I was getting a better reception at the 900 foot height I didn't have tree interference or anything else that would obstruct the reception between the Drone and the remote. Overall regardless of anything that I say you say or whoever says DJI is well aware of the problems with the spark drone. And I'm tired a big companies taking advantage of others. That morning I was out doing what I did every day when I was flying nothing changed other than the firmware update and I did the same as what I get every other time I got an update. After it updated I shut everything off and rebooted everything I gave it a few few minutes after doing that only because phones I'm sure you're aware of when you're reboot and the screen pops up the phone is still doing stuff in the background. That's why I give it a little extra time. Overall I think I've been very patient with DJI and how they're handling my Fly Away. I'm not cussing at them I'm not doing anything other than asking them to please get this all done so I can go back to flying and forget the incident. They're not doing it they're screwing around and doing what they want to do. DJI treats their customer like crap and they can do so because they really have no competition right now. And that's one of the reasons I try not piss off anyone in this forum that we talked on and DJI monitors this. So if you worry about people monitoring what you say don't do it in this forum. My main message in this forum it's to let everybody know what DJI is doing in case someone else runs into this problem. Either way you take care and have a great day.

Andra; I hope I didn't say you didn't know anything? In the DJI app for settings if I remember it says 20 to 500 meters on return to home. And so is the height it says 20- 500 m in height. An atom the time that I had my drone I flew it at different height around here in the desert to see what I got the best signals. When I would fly at 200 feet high I wouldn't get as good of a signal. Either way I was getting a better reception at the 900 foot height I didn't have tree interference or anything else that would obstruct the reception between the Drone and the remote. Overall regardless of anything that I say you say or whoever says DJI is well aware of the problems with the spark drone. And I'm tired a big companies taking advantage of others. That morning I was out doing what I did every day when I was flying nothing changed other than the firmware update and I did the same as what I get every other time I got an update. After it updated I shut everything off and rebooted everything I gave it a few few minutes after doing that only because phones I'm sure you're aware of when you're reboot and the screen pops up the phone is still doing stuff in the background. That's why I give it a little extra time. Overall I think I've been very patient with DJI and how they're handling my Fly Away. I'm not cussing at them I'm not doing anything other than asking them to please get this all done so I can go back to flying and forget the incident. They're not doing it they're screwing around and doing what they want to do. DJI treats their customer like crap and they can do so because they really have no competition right now. And that's one of the reasons I try not piss off anyone in this forum that we talked on and DJI monitors this. So if you worry about people monitoring what you say don't do it in this forum. My main message in this forum it's to let everybody know what DJI is doing in case someone else runs into this problem. Either way you take care and have a great day.

I don't think you can blame the loss of your drone on the corporate practices of DJI. This one falls squarely on the pilot.

FAA limits you to 400 feet altitude. Period. The reg is based on safety and not your personal signal strength.

The Spark can't fight the winds commonly encountered at your preferred altitude of 982 feet. Because physics.

Flaunting FAA regulations and flying recklessly won't get you any sympathy on this forum (or with DJI).

I implore you to read the FAA regs and the DJI manual. Or you are gonna lose quads on the regular.

Reactions: nilanjan118
I don't think I ever ask any one to feel sorry for me or what happened. What I am doing is letting people know that DJI is will aware of the Spark Drone and it's issue's. Also I did not even know that I was talking to someone that knows everything. As far as me being reckless not even close that's one thing I'm not regardless of your opinion. If I'm only aloud to fly at 400ft why dose it let me go higher? Then once I do get to the highest point the remote will tell me you have reached your maximum height? and for you saying I cant blame DJI for the lose of my drone? Here is where your wrong DJI says the spark drone can fly 16 mins? I could never hit 16 mins the max minutes of flight 14 min. Let me guess you get 16 min of flight all the time. RIGHT? That's called deception and the spark drone is full of those! You remind me of a cop that handcuffs someone then gets them to run so you can shoot them in the back! I'll end it there....Have a great day!! LOL LMFAO

I don't think you can blame the loss of your drone on the corporate practices of DJI. This one falls squarely on the pilot.

FAA limits you to 400 feet altitude. Period. The reg is based on safety and not your personal signal strength.

The Spark can't fight the winds commonly encountered at your preferred altitude of 982 feet. Because physics.

Flaunting FAA regulations and flying recklessly won't get you any sympathy on this forum (or with DJI).

I implore you to read the FAA regs and the DJI manual. Or you are gonna lose quads on the regular.

I don't think I ever ask any one to feel sorry for me or what happened. What I am doing is letting people know that DJI is will aware of the Spark Drone and it's issue's. Also I did not even know that I was talking to someone that knows everything. As far as me being reckless not even close that's one thing I'm not regardless of your opinion. If I'm only aloud to fly at 400ft why dose it let me go higher? Then once I do get to the highest point the remote will tell me you have reached your maximum height? and for you saying I cant blame DJI for the lose of my drone? Here is where your wrong DJI says the spark drone can fly 16 mins? I could never hit 16 mins the max minutes of flight 14 min. Let me guess you get 16 min of flight all the time. RIGHT? That's called deception and the spark drone is full of those! You remind me of a cop that handcuffs someone then gets them to run so you can shoot them in the back! I'll end it there....Have a great day!! LOL LMFAO

Nobody deceived you. Nobody handcuffed you or shot you in the back. Yikes

You just flew too high. RTFM

I agree, DJI should NOT make the Spark to go above 400'...Because there are too many people like you who don't know or follow the rules. Personally i think 200' is more than enough. You could have killed someone at the height you were flying! It's probably a good thing your Spark blew away before you did hurt or kill someone, or a whole bunch of someones! The maximum allowable altitude is 400 feet above the ground, higher if your drone remains within 400 feet of a structure...So you can fly higher under the right circumstances.

If the wind on the ground is 5 mph, the wind speed at 982' altitude cold be well over 60 mph...No way the Spark could not be blown away.

Here in NY, the speed limit is 65 mph at most. My car will go 150 mph. By your reasoning I should be able to drive 150 mph because it can.

I am sorry you lost your Spark, but it was all your fault it appears.

Reactions: Andre Levite

He won't lose any quad's he'll be locked up in prison.

I'm not real sure why you seem to think you know everything dude but your wrong! Major wrong It was still in my site I could still see the red lights on the front. Do you know the phrase (line of site)? I do I did you're wrong! And now that I just look where you live and that explains why you no more then everyone! LMFAO WOW!

I'm not real sure why you seem to think you know everything dude but your wrong! Major wrong It was still in my site I could still see the red lights on the front. Do you know the phrase (line of site)? I do I did you're wrong! And now that I just look where you live and that explains why you no more then everyone! LMFAO WOW!

I am the first to admit I am still learning about drones actually, but I am FAA licensed....Are you? Maybe you should read ALL the rules, not just the ones you like.

Fact Sheet – Small Unmanned Aircraft Regulations (Part 107)

You can fly during daylight (30 minutes before official sunrise to 30 minutes after official sunset, local time) or in twilight with appropriate anti-collision lighting. Minimum weather visibility is three miles from your control station. The maximum allowable altitude is 400 feet above the ground, higher if your drone remains within 400 feet of a structure. Maximum speed is 100 mph (87 knots).

I actually tried to help you out back when you first posted about this and I questioned you if you were really flying at 982' or that was a misprint, and you ignored me....kind of like you do the FAA rules

Thread closed. Clearly this has gone off topic. Btw, if you have an issue with someone, click the "ignore" button and you'll never see them again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme