Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Is there a such thing as a wireless micro sd card reader?

Moore887

Join
Mar 20, 2018
I'm wondering how people get footage from their drone and onto the internet without having to transfer the files from their SD card to the PC. As far as I knew the footage on my phone (which I use with the spark controller) is only a cached low quality feed. I'm not very good at handling the micro SD cards and putting the SD card into my s9+ is tricky when outside as the tray holds the sim card for the phone.

Reactions: Pejebe
You could probably use a data transfer cable from the Spark to your device.

You can leave the SD card in the Spark but the Spark needs to powered up so that your device / PC can see it as an external device and then transfer the files you want.

I'm thinking a Lenovo yoga or the new small surface that came out a while ago could be an ideal solution for the field. I haven't tried connecting the drone directly to the pc. I will give that a go now. It might even charge!

I'm wondering how people get footage from their drone and onto the internet without having to transfer the files from their SD card to the PC. As far as I knew the footage on my phone (which I use with the spark controller) is only a cached low quality feed. I'm not very good at handling the micro SD cards and putting the SD card into my s9+ is tricky when outside as the tray holds the sim card for the phone.

Wireless SD cards for DSLR cameras are still available but fallen out of favor due to slow transfer times for photo (and worse for video). Never saw a micro sized wifi card tho

You are better off with cable in terms on transfer speed. Your computer will see drone as if it was an attached camera. But it will not charge and fan will run pretty hard after a while.

I just swap out cards and insert into computer. Easy, quick, cheap & reliable

What I use is a micro SD card to SD card adapter and I also have a micro SD card to USB adapter.

Reactions: Wombatesg
I use an USB Type C SD-Card reader. (Icybox IB-CR200-C). Normal cardreader with OTG cable work as well. Much faster than the USB connection with spark

Reactions: Rob Stowell
I pull the card from my Spark and use a USB card reader that I plug into my phone using an OTG cable. I have a large card in my phone, so I can work with the videos there and transfer to PC later.

I would suggest just a MicroSD card adaptor, they normally come with your microSD. Take the card out of your spark and insert it into the adaptor plug it into the card reader on your computer and your all set!

You can also transfer your HQ images and video via Wi-Fi when your phone and spark are connected, but it takes a really long time.

ik gebruik gewoon mijn bijgeleverde kabel en leg ham aan de computer. De drone moet wel aanliggen en de computer leest de drone uit als een externe harde schijf. Zo draag ik beelden van het inwendig geheugen (8Gb enkel mij de Mavic Air) en de SD kaart over naar de PC. Gaat snel en ik heb geen klagen van kwaliteitsverlies. Zelfs niet als ik film met geluid!

Of bedoelde U misschien de beelden rechtstreeks doorstreamen naar sociale media? Dat heb ik ook nog niet geprobeerd, maar het zou mogelijk zijn, bvb via Facebook.

Thumb sized micro STD card usb reader and micro or C-type adapter. This is the best because you don't need to power it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex