Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Issues with Spark Controller

neo2ooo

Join
Jun 12, 2017
Loc
Miami, FL
So I just got my FM spark today and I am having a big issue with the remote. I am getting weak transmission signal on the DJI app when I connect to the remote and I am getting an extremely choppy picture or no picture at all. I thought maybe because I was indoors there was a lot of interference but I took it out side and the same the thing is happening. If I control it with the phone the picture is buttery smooth. Anyone else having this issue?

It looks like it has something to do with the 5.8ghz frequency. When I switch to 2.4ghz it works fine.

Last edited:
I setup my RC and AC to my iPad Mini 4 - no isues and no updates except the NFZ update. One thing that I missed was the RC has the WiFi password that you need to connect to your Tablet / Phone. I had read that the WiFi password was in the battery compartment of the Spark - and tried that a few times . . . then the light went on in my head and I checked the RC and that was the correct WiFi password.

All in all - a pretty smooth setup.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
I had no trouble flying on the 5.8 GHz frequency this afternoon.

Anyone else having issues on the 5.8ghz frequency from the RC?

I did this evening.. At about 500ft away, it lost video all together. I'll try 2.4 tomorrow. It strikes me you have to look at the channels before flying to see which one is strongest/least interfered with, which is a pain.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe