Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

It finally happened

Glumone

Join
Aug 1, 2017
Loc
Boston, Ma
so today I finally had a minor crash with my spark. Caught a tree branch, broke a rotor and the spark got hung up on the tree limb. After a little work managed to get the spark down from from the tree from a height of 10ft with the only the damage To the rotor rear rotor blade. So after 40 flights just when I thought I had a good grasp on flying I relied on the RC controller view to much and thought I was farther from the edge of the trees then I actually was, lost sight for a few seconds and it happened. Lesson learned keep your line of sight and don’t rely on the screen as much while flying. Good news the spark is one tough little machine with only the rotor blade damage. Replaced the rotor blade ran a test and was back up and flying in about 15min.

Great story and thx.
Sadly my spark disconnected yesterday and crashed into forest. After 2 hours searching...no luck.
Returning to look again tomorrow

I relied on the RC controller view to much and thought I was farther from the edge of the trees then I actually was, lost sight for a few seconds and it happened.
Glad your damage was minimal and you are back in the air! We all make mistakes.
I never fly out of VLOS which is difficult with the Spark. It is often very hard to see.
Much easier to keep my Inspire 2 in sight.

Great story and thx.
Sadly my spark disconnected yesterday and crashed into forest. After 2 hours searching...no luck.
Returning to look again tomorrow

It can be tough to find a downed quad in thick woods, even when you have the GPS data. My BeBop2 dropped like a rock not 30 feet from my back door. Unfortunately, it's was in the brier patch. Took 4 ventures out before I found it -- walked past it a bunch of time.

I have some of those Bluetooth buzzers coming. Useless unless you know the general area of the crash, but they're a cheap hedge on a total loss.

I have some of those Bluetooth buzzers coming.

I purchased one of these.
Upgradable to 4 tiles.
Only used it on "Hide and Seek" testing around the backyard.
My copilot would hide the Spark and I would find it. And vice-versa.

It works off of RF frequency better than Bluethooth with 400' LOS range?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef