Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Just getting started...

NickPDX

Join
May 26, 2018
Hello Spark community! I got my drone in May and have spent the summer getting used to flying it and working in capturing better video and photos with it. I've been putting my videos on YouTube so I can see my progression. I am enjoying it thoroughly!

Here's my latest from the Oregon coast. The editing was done in the DJIGo4 app so I know many improvement could be made. I've been messing around with learning some PC editing software too.

Any suggestions are welcome! I've been watching the community for the past few months, happy to get more involved.

Thanks!

Hello Spark community! I got my drone in May and have spent the summer getting used to flying it and working in capturing better video and photos with it. I've been putting my videos on YouTube so I can see my progression. I am enjoying it thoroughly!

Here's my latest from the Oregon coast. The editing was done in the DJIGo4 app so I know many improvement could be made. I've been messing around with learning some PC editing software too.

Any suggestions are welcome! I've been watching the community for the past few months, happy to get more involved.

Thanks!

Great Video!! Loved it!!!

Hi NIck, nice views! Is this footage from the SD card or from the App? Awesome location to work with, and some good ideas you have in capturing it.
I believe it came from the SD card. When I watched it on YouTube last night though it does look a bit grainy in spots though. I wonder if I choose the wrong source. Is that what you were seeing too?

I just compared the footage directly from the SD card with the one steamed to the phone and there are definitely spots that get grainy (most noticeably the clouds rolling over the ocean). So I think it did use that copy unfortunately.

I then realized that there seems to be no way to use the one from the SD card within the DJI app unless the SD card is still in the drone. I removed the card and placed it directly in the phone. When I go into the app and choose local videos it doesn't show what's on the SD card and it says SD card inaccessible otherwise. I also tried to copy the video from the SD card to the DJI camera photo on the phones internal storage ... Didn't work either.

I would recommend you try and do your editing on a computer not a phone, do you have access to a Mac or a PC?
Yeah I honestly just started messing around with the app for editing and finishes it off. I am working on learning the more advanced editing features on various PC software programs. I'm quickly leaning thought that my old computer might not be up for the task. [emoji849]

Any PC video editing software you recommend over others?

Depends on your budget. If you are on the PC, and can afford it, go for Vegas 16 Edit or higher. There are some who love Adobe Premiere also. (I dont have experience with that one). Some folks (including myself) have been fiddling with Davinci Resolve 15, the public beta is free... I found it a little unstable from time to time, but for simple edits, it seems to work okay. Some here swear by Wondershare Filmora, cant speak to that one either. On the free end of the scale, ShotCut is one I have used a few times, works fine, there are some good tutorials. OpenShot is another freebie. HitFilm Express works for others.

If you do Linux, there are a number of free editors there too. (I do Linux also!)

I use both Mac and PC, so for me, its Vegas or FinalCutPro X.

If your PC is older, dont despair, you should be able to use those programs, however, the time it takes to render out your final product after putting all your edits together may take longer. I used to have that issue, I would edit in the evenings, then do the render overnight...:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar