Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

UK flying (loving the low mist currently)...

Amazing pictures. Just a word of caution since you mentioned that you are a newbie to the world of drones. Flying in fog or mist can make the bottom sensors go crazy and the result may be fatal. Take a look at this thread and read all the posts carefully to understand what I am trying to say.
Lost spark

Reactions: Mr_Mark
Thank you, I had read some posts previously and unexpectedly got caught out when taking the fourth of the above images (taken last week), whereby the Spark kept trying to land about 300ft up in the air and I was manically trying to cancel and manually land (stupidly I wasn't paying attention to how quickly the mist was moving in)! The first three images were from this morning though and luckily the position I was in was completely clear. I am pretty weary of being caught out again though, so wouldn't usually risk it or fly for very long!
Amazing pictures. Just a word of caution since you mentioned that you are a newbie to the world of drones. Flying in fog or mist can make the bottom sensors go crazy and the result may be fatal. Take a look at this thread and read all the posts carefully to understand what I am trying to say.
Lost spark

Thank you, I had read some posts previously and unexpectedly got caught out when taking the fourth of the above images (taken last week), whereby the Spark kept trying to land about 300ft up in the air and I was manically trying to cancel and manually land (stupidly I wasn't paying attention to how quickly the mist was moving in)!
We all like to push the envelope at times, don't we? I have noticed that when flying above vast open fields on cold winter mornings, the mist formation can happen at heights as low as 100 feet. I found my bottom sensors continuously going crazy at about 150 feet the other day. But since I was flying in VLOS, I could fly back safely before things went out of control.

122.JPG

Reactions: Mr_Mark

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar