Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Keeping the focal object in view

craigb

Join
Dec 12, 2018
Hello, I’ve had my spark about a month now but only done basic flying.

On the intelligent flying modes it allows you to select the subject to keep in view. I just wonder is there a way to set this in normal flight mode too.

I’m hoping I can select the subject say a person and then fly the drone and the camera keep the subject in view while I just control the drone.

Any help or tips would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hello, I’ve had my spark about a month now but only done basic flying.

On the intelligent flying modes it allows you to select the subject to keep in view. I just wonder is there a way to set this in normal flight mode too.

I’m hoping I can select the subject say a person and then fly the drone and the camera keep the subject in view while I just control the drone.

Any help or tips would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sorry but the Spark doesn't have exactly the feature you describe when in normal flight mode. While in Active Track though you should still have some muted joystick control. There are other drones (not DJI) that continually center the subject if they carry a transceiver device on them.

The closest thing the Spark has in the DJI Go 4 app is TapFly. With Litchi you also get Course Lock and Home lock modes.

Keeping you subject in the field while simultaneously flying the drone and controlling the gimbal is a challenging skill that requires hours of practice. I'm still not where I want to be ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: charliespark

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme