Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

floridabeachbum

Join
Jun 30, 2019
A short video of some great #kitesurfing (and not-so-great #drone handling on my part!)⁠

Date: December 1st, 2019
Drone: "Robin Sparkles" - a DJI Spark
Music: "Laguna" by Raccy, via Epidemic Sound
Edited in: Adobe Premiere Pro

Wifey: "We need family photos for the Christmas Calendars."

So, we headed out for a family photo session to Dunedin Causway, because we're beach bums. Santa Hats in front of palm trees is just our speed. And yes, we got plenty of those shots.

But I couldn't help but spot these kitesurfers (or kiteboarders depending on your preference) having a blast. Yes, color me jealous.

Of course, I wanted to put the drone up and chase some video!

But there's a huge problem with this - kites like it windy but drones definitely don't. Theoretically, the wind speeds were at the top end of this little drone's capabilities, and yes, she struggled a bit at times, but overall I'm really pleased with her performance. I only had one "High Wind Warning", and one moment of pure panic (Sport mode pointing the wrong way - thought she'd decided to self-destruct!).

Although I normally solo flight, I had a solid spotter this time, and it helped a ton, and we really did have a great time getting these shots.

Sometimes, you just gotta go for it! ⁠

If you know these two, please connect me so I can give proper credit / tags.⁠

#Dunedin #Causeway & #HoneymoonIsland #FL #Florida #KiteSurfers #KiteBoarders

Good Stuff beachbum. The high winds didn't really show in the video. Glad you avoided the self destruct...

Reactions: I B Spectre
Very well done. What was the windspeed? Although the kites looked like it was blowing fairly hard, there wasn't much chop on the water. I really like how you caught the sun, water & surfers in many of the videos. Also liked the top down shots.

Reactions: I B Spectre
Nice work !!! ? Both kite surfers were good, but maybe because we got to see more from the green kite guy, he was very impressive and really put on a show. Great flying, nice scenery, especially with the sun behind the clouds. Well done, thanks for sharing.

Reactions: Dragonfly Joe
Thanks for the feedback!

It was blowing pretty good, I really wish I had recorded the actual. Weather Underground shows it between 15 & 20, with gusts to 28 (all MPH).

Green guy was a lot closer most of the time. Blue dude was mostly hanging out down about 1/2 mile. Much safer to chase Green!

Overall, I had about 35 minutes of footage, and clearly, most of it wound up on the cutting room floor.

Like anything else in life, learn then do, and repeat. I would do a few things very differently next time, but I had fun regardless. :)

Great video! Nicely shot and edited. Expected to also see some shots of the fam ;)

Very nice - thanks for sharing! It must of been hot in those Santa hats (jealously speaking from up here in snow country)??

The shirts are cool.

Looks like a happy beach bum family. :)

A short video of some great #kitesurfing (and not-so-great #drone handling on my part!)⁠

Date: December 1st, 2019
Drone: "Robin Sparkles" - a DJI Spark
Music: "Laguna" by Raccy, via Epidemic Sound
Edited in: Adobe Premiere Pro

Wifey: "We need family photos for the Christmas Calendars."

So, we headed out for a family photo session to Dunedin Causway, because we're beach bums. Santa Hats in front of palm trees is just our speed. And yes, we got plenty of those shots.

But I couldn't help but spot these kitesurfers (or kiteboarders depending on your preference) having a blast. Yes, color me jealous.

Of course, I wanted to put the drone up and chase some video!

But there's a huge problem with this - kites like it windy but drones definitely don't. Theoretically, the wind speeds were at the top end of this little drone's capabilities, and yes, she struggled a bit at times, but overall I'm really pleased with her performance. I only had one "High Wind Warning", and one moment of pure panic (Sport mode pointing the wrong way - thought she'd decided to self-destruct!).

Although I normally solo flight, I had a solid spotter this time, and it helped a ton, and we really did have a great time getting these shots.

Sometimes, you just gotta go for it! ⁠

If you know these two, please connect me so I can give proper credit / tags.⁠

#Dunedin #Causeway & #HoneymoonIsland #FL #Florida #KiteSurfers #KiteBoarders

Great video and music!!! Love it?. Scooter

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme