Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Litchi and Spark

srcrain

Join
May 30, 2017
I just noticed when I plug my iPad in directly to the Spark remote (OTG method) that I am able to pull up Litchi and Litchi shows the camera view from the Spark.

Don't have time to test any functions of Litchi with the Spark, but that is an interesting find. Although I am certain that Litchi will officially support Spark very soon, this could be a good in between until they do.

Reactions: Jake Deer
Test and then tell us more. I haven't purchased it yet, but have heard great things about it from Mavic Pro users.

It would be awesome if it does work! I use Litchi 99% of the time with my Mavic and would like to do the same when my Spark finally gets here.

I would be somewhat cautious, as you probably already know there are a shitload of other issues surrounding the Spark. Adding Litchi a a variable possibly compound those issues.

I would be somewhat cautious, as you probably already know there are a shitload of other issues surrounding the Spark. Adding Litchi a a variable possibly compound those issues.
I agree completely. I personally am going to wait until they support the Spark, which I expect will be very soon.

I was told by a very knowledgeable person that DJI will use Litchi flying as a reason to invalidate warranty, DJI Care, etc. If there's any chance you may try to return your Spark, stay clear.

I was told by a very knowledgeable person that DJI will use Litchi flying as a reason to invalidate warranty, DJI Care, etc. If there's any chance you may try to return your Spark, stay clear.
Some one the DJI forum just got "screwed" from a Refresh claim when he crashed using Litchi

Some one the DJI forum just got "screwed" from a Refresh claim when he crashed using Litchi

Good to know that ! I'll stick with GO 4 ! Too bad, Litchi have some nice features !

Are there any auto flight apps supporting the Spark as of yet?
Not that I'm aware of and due to how unstable the Spark platform is I surely wouldn't trust any.

Not that I'm aware of and due to how unstable the Spark platform is I surely wouldn't trust any.

Granted I've only had one flight with the Spark, I'll need to read up on how "unstable" the platform is :) Today looks like a Mavic day...

When I use the word "unstable", I'm referring more to the various WIFI connection issues that many seem to be experiencing.

Last edited:
Specifically with almost every setting it sometimes works but mostly does not work.
Panorama is hit and miss, sometimes it works , mostly it freezes instantly.
Camera settings basically do not work at all, in fact when i tried to do manual camera settings the app went haywire.
So basically litchi is out of the question.

Specifically with almost every setting it sometimes works but mostly does not work.
Panorama is hit and miss, sometimes it works , mostly it freezes instantly.
Camera settings basically do not work at all, in fact when i tried to do manual camera settings the app went haywire.
So basically litchi is out of the question.
IMO...even if it was functional the only practical reason for using it with the Spark would be the VR function. With the Spark's VERY limited range any real mission would be senseless.

IMO...even if it was functional the only practical reason for using it with the Spark would be the VR function. With the Spark's VERY limited range any real mission would be senseless.
well yes and no, panorama would be very useful!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme