Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Litchi APP Waypoints & RTH

SpookieNZL

Join
Sep 3, 2017
Hi All,

I'm wanting to know if I Use the Litchi App on Android Tablet instead of DJI App, I want to Make a Journey of Waypoints which are just beyond the Remote Controller & Beyond Eye Site, as I'm Down in a Small Gully and Behind a Slight Hill, will the Spark still go into RTH Mode like it does on the DJI App? With there is no Signal Between the Controller & Spark.

Look Forward to Your Comments. :)

Reactions: ccolt1
I'm wanting to know if I Use the Litchi App on Android Tablet instead of DJI App, I want to Make a Journey of Waypoints

From the Litchi app site...

Waypoint and Orbit modes are supported by all DJI drones except Spark. If you are using Spark with the remote controller, you must connect using Wi-Fi between the RC and the mobile device, connecting via USB OTG is not currently supported.

Reactions: SpookieNZL
I just don't think DJI had this type of missions in mind when they created a 'selfie' drone.

Though it would be a nice feature, I doubt it will be available on the Spark. (Hope I'm wrong!)
The Spark's price point and intended use doesn't jive with such features.

Remember, just because DJI makes it, doesn't mean it HAS to have every feature other UAVs
they've made possess. Just sayin'....

Hi All,

I'm wanting to know if I Use the Litchi App on Android Tablet instead of DJI App, I want to Make a Journey of Waypoints which are just beyond the Remote Controller & Beyond Eye Site, as I'm Down in a Small Gully and Behind a Slight Hill, will the Spark still go into RTH Mode like it does on the DJI App? With there is no Signal Between the Controller & Spark.

Still no answer to SpookieNZL's question!

Will the Spark do a RTH when loosing connection flying with Litchi?

Will the Spark do a RTH when loosing connection flying with Litchi?

... while doing a wapoint mission.

If he wants to use it as a way point mission app that is not supported by the Spark the RTH doesn't really matter.

Anyway, I was interested if the RTH works when flying with the Litchi app. Anybody else who can answe this part of the question?

Hi All,

You can with Autopilot, which unlike Litchi has a very good waypoint function.

Hi All,

No, I bought Litchi specifically for waypoints. When I tried to use it and it didn't work, I emailed Litchi support. Their response was that there was no support available within the spark firmware so Litchi can't support Spark until DJI makes the interface available.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
schmidtrobert