Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Litchi Limitation

Litchi, I was wondering if it's an account login type authentication or whether it's tied to the device when downloaded via play, I assume you don't have to login then at any stage?

Yes, you create an account with Litchi for convenience.
You can plan a mission on the desktop, save it and you can open it on any mobile device that is compatible (same compatibility as DJI)
And, just the opposite - plan in the field and tweak precision at home.

Ok I have a question about waypoint, or litchi... So if I go ahead and plan a mission, is the mission flown my be me through RC or do I sit back n watch the mission be taken over by satellite, and if so by satellite will the spark fly a longer range?????

Ok I have a question about waypoint, or litchi... So if I go ahead and plan a mission, is the mission flown my be me through RC or do I sit back n watch the mission be taken over by satellite, and if so by satellite will the spark fly a longer range?????

You plan the mission and if it is in range of the controller, you just sit back and watch it.
If the waypoints take the Spark out of range, you just wait until it comes back in range (if you programmed it already).

Litchi loads the mission to the Spark to some available memory where it can be executed.

Case in point, my 4 mile round trip mission...lost contact after a minute, regained 9 minutes later.

Awesome thanks for the reply, totally appreciate it it....oh wait one more question is litchi and waypoints two different apps for mission flying,? I've downloaded waypoints but have yet to try it and fly a mission

Awesome thanks for the reply, totally appreciate it it....oh wait one more question is litchi and waypoints two different apps for mission flying,? I've downloaded waypoints but have yet to try it and fly a mission

Litchi is the app, Waypoints is a function of the app.
You can also use it like the DJI GO 4 app and just fly (FPV function)
Orbit a point of intrest or shoot a pano.
And, you can also track a subject (follow)

the whole **** litchi deal disappointed me when i could not hook up the cable to my remote wanted to try the way points but it sounds like some more study is in need for me

If I am not mistaken, Litchi does not support waypoints or orbit on the Spark. This is according to their documentation as of June 2018.

The only way to currently get waypoints on Spark is via Autopilot unless something changed in the last month or so.

Chris

If I am not mistaken, Litchi does not support waypoints or orbit on the Spark. This is according to their documentation as of June 2018.

The only way to currently get waypoints on Spark is via Autopilot unless something changed in the last month or so.

Chris

Yes, official Litchi release do not support waypoints or orbit.
But Litchi Beta 2.5 does
That is what I have been testing.

Yes, official Litchi release do not support waypoints or orbit.
But Litchi Beta 2.5 does
That is what I have been testing.
That's great news. Hopefully they will release a full version soon. I used to use Litchi for waypoint missions (on my P3S) but lately I have been using Autopilot (on P3S and Spark). While Litchi is great for waypoints it didn't support curved turns if you have waypoint actions, and the actions are more limited than AutoPilot. I especially like the fact that AutoPilot does curved turns with waypoint actions and that I can set up actions that do a variety of panos (Spherical, 180º, and vertical panos). Also, Autopilot has much more options for camera control than Litchi does. One thing that Litchi does seem to be better at is mission continuation on lost connection allowing for farther missions. AutoPilot does have lost connection mission continuation (LCMC) but waypoint options are much more limited. Regardless, as an alternative app to GO4, I think Litchi is better whereas AutoPilot has more advanced features and a steeper learning curve. I use all 3 apps (GO4, Litchi, AutoPilot) depending on the type of flying I am doing.

Chris

Reactions: pmshop and Haggi
From what I have read (pmshop mostly) the beta does do curved turns so you dont have to stop at each waypoint.
Not sure about beta version but in the current release you can do curved turns BUT waypoint actions are not supported. If you are just doing video then curved turns will work but if you have specific actions at various waypoints (eg. pano) then you cannot use curved turns.

Chris

Not sure about beta version but in the current release you can do curved turns BUT waypoint actions are not supported. If you are just doing video then curved turns will work but if you have specific actions at various waypoints (eg. pano) then you cannot use curved turns.

Chris

To be clear, current release version does not support the waypoints.

Beta 2.5 for the Spark can do waypoints and curved turns

Yes, it is what I flew:

Mission Hub - Litchi
Nice video. Can you share the link to your mission? When I click the link above it just brings me to the main Mission Hub screen and not your specific waypoint mission.

I used to use Litchi almost exclusively on my Spark and P3S and only switched to AutoPilot because it supported the Spark for waypoint missions and had many more options for waypoint actions that Litchi did not have. If Litchi now supports curved turns and waypoint actions (like taking panos at specific waypoints, then I may have to try it with my Spark. What actions did you have on the above waypoint mission in addition to the recording of video?

Chris

You can see all the commands listed as you go through each waypoint.
Under the Mission Hub Settings, I used the following:
Mavic/ Phantom 3-4/ Inspire 1-2
Imperial
Custom (WD)
RTH
Curved Turns
75%
Disabled (depending on what I need)
Check
and check

Where can you get the beta version?

So does that mean a Spark version with waypoints and bezier curves will come out in the App Store soon?

Can you set the speed to be 50kmph or is it limited to non sport speed with obstacle avoidance?

Does it calculate battery usage as you set the waypoints?

Can you make it pull of manoeuvres like climb while moving forward?

Can it fly sideways?

Very excited.

Reactions: pmshop
Everyone just go here and request the beta.

Beta - Litchi

IOS users will have to send an email, the address is at the link.

I have also been using it for a few weeks and it is pretty awesome. I am going out to West Texas this weekend and hope to get some more interesting shots than the mass subdivision where I live.

Reactions: pmshop
Where can you get the beta version?

So does that mean a Spark version with waypoints and bezier curves will come out in the App Store soon?

Can you set the speed to be 50kmph or is it limited to non sport speed with obstacle avoidance?

Does it calculate battery usage as you set the waypoints?

Can you make it pull of manoeuvres like climb while moving forward?

Can it fly sideways?

Very excited.

As stated, already in the app store under the TestFlight app invitation when you send Litchi your Apple ID
Curves, not true bezier curves (splines), are used if you select it and can be adjusted.

Max speed is 33.6mph (54kmph) without adjusting/ killing obstacle avoidance.
I have personally seen & recorded these speeds

The web based Mission Hub does not calculate battery usage but it does tell you how long the mission is adjusting for time only...not headwinds.
So we know not to go over a 10 minute mission - take off and landing is not calculated.

Mission Hub syncs with your app.
Plan on the hub, send to your mobile device for flight execution.

You can have WP 1 at 30m, WP2 at 60m WP3 at 90m and so on...reversed too.

You can have the Spark fly sideways by adjusting the heading - use a hand held compass for precision when planning.

Reactions: crumbsPenfold

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme