Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

LITCHI

Not sure. But if not then try NLD ...great support there from my experience

Does Litchi unlock no fly zones for the Spark?
Not sure, never tried it but I would think not as it uses DJIs SDK and firmware which is loaded onto the AC.

Chris

I use Litchi with my spark but only now and then. I bought it so that I could fly with cheap goggles. I just could not choke down the DJI goggles $$$$ gag. Litchi works great with goggles. Just hit the goggle button and then pop your phone into the goggle and take off. Puts you right in the pilot seat.

So far I have had NO problems with Litchi. There are two other features that I like a lot.... Course Lock and Home Lock. If you push the Home Lock button, no matter where you are or what direction you are pointed, the AC will fly in the direction of home if you pull the down stick. With course lock, the drone will continue in the same course with UP stick no matter how it is rotated.... you you can push up, and rotate as you fly the same course.

I guess I also like the VERBAL distance and altitude reports too.

Does the Litchi app support OTG?

So the whole Waypoint mapper doesn't work the Spark? What about the Track Mode?

While I'm not trying to violate FAA airspace I was very upset to be blocked from flying on a recent vacation because the DJI app had me in an airport red zone, an airport that is all but unused, I was right at the outside edge of the zone and my flight plans were to fly no higher than 40 feet as it was a beach area and I was just wanting some vacation photos (the hotel was higher than 40 feet). I'd love to have a secondary app that would have allowed me to fly that day.

I use Litchi all the time with my Spark and have had no problems. With the exception of waypoints and orbit everthing else works. I use it alot for 360 panos. Interestingly I can’t get the pano function to work on GO 4. It keeps timing out, so for me Litchi has been more reliable.

Chris
Wow, I've just know that now. I'm planning to buy litchi next November at black Friday sale. I guess mission aborted [emoji21]
Back to DJI GO MOD...

Wow, I've just know that now. I'm planning to buy litchi next November at black Friday sale. I guess mission aborted [emoji21]
Back to DJI GO MOD...

I think you are just quoting a very old post. Waypoints and orbit work perfectly on the Spark. Source: me :D. The only think I'm not really sure on Litchi are the panos.. they work but I feel the pano function on the DJI is better, but probably just a feeling.

I think you are just quoting a very old post. Waypoints and orbit work perfectly on the Spark. Source: me :D. The only think I'm not really sure on Litchi are the panos.. they work but I feel the pano function on the DJI is better, but probably just a feeling.
Oh, ok, 10th feb 2018 [emoji4]. The DJI GO Panos is ok now. Need to try using ICE...

Waypoints and orbit now work on Litchi after an update they did a couple of months ago. Pano in Litchi works fine and is highly customizeable. I use GO most times for panos since it puts pano images in a separate folder on SD card making them easier to find.

Chris

^^LOL Personally I would try it if it didn't cost as much as it does.
Litchi seemed pretty cheap for it it can do for $25, but I'd advised tying a string to your drone before using. Mine flew away in the middle of a mission. the RTH function is turned off by default and apparently won't stay on if you have the forethought to turn it on. I try to only LQWMHOMM when online since nobody can hear me.

Last edited:
After much research, I think I am going to buy AutoPilot. It appears to have more cool features....like Zip line, etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariadef