Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Looks like otg android is back and app download new app 4.2.16 587 Monday 21st May.

I tested 4.1.15 at the beach today. 200 meters out...signal gone. But (and that's a big BUT) until then the performance was solid not like my last flight with 4.2.12

Maybe I was sitting in the wrong spot. There were a few WiFi sources in 2.4 and 5Ghz.

There's a short clip of the sunset today on our FB account. That's what the spark recorded, no color correction or anything ;-)

Security Check Required

Btw. The farthest I ever managed was 492m at a hight of 100m.

Maybe I was sitting in the wrong spot. There were a few WiFi sources in 2.4 and 5Ghz.

There's a short clip of the sunset today on our FB account. That's what the spark recorded, no color correction or anything ;-)

Security Check Required

Btw. The farthest I ever managed was 492m at a hight of 100m.
Did you get a permission to fly I'm Thailand? I have seen that is mandatory and there are big fines even jail for flying Drones without the permission...

I'm not in Thailand atm ;-) but you are right. Be careful where you fly. On the islands it should be fine. Stay away from national parks and don't try to bribe the rangers...they are military...

Version 4.2.14 now
When will It end ...How long has It been since an update forced us too update the App because when it works Great like on 4.2.8 for me I feel what's the point in doing So?????
Just wanna fly not test fly another stupid update to see if it's ok...
Otg means nothing to me anyway as 2.4ghz any channel gives good distance to 1000m anyway

It does mean something to a lot of other people though Craig, because of the 5GHz channels that are missing on EU Android phones.

You can stick with whichever version suits you best, just sideload the one you want and prevent it from automatically updating.

When will It end ...How long has It been since an update forced us too update the App because when it works Great like on 4.2.8 for me I feel what's the point in doing So?????
Just wanna fly not test fly another stupid update to see if it's ok...
Otg means nothing to me anyway as 2.4ghz any channel gives good distance to 1000m anyway
Wait... So you see no benefit to OTG.... Why are you posting in this thread again?

Reactions: Gavieboydgi
Have a question. I am currently using my wife's iphone6 but instead of carrying around two phones I would like to simplify and just use my pixel 2. Can the controller be 'linked" to two separate phone without recalibration? Meaning if I want to use iPhone I can just connect to controller. Or if I want to use the pixel I can use it just by wifi connection? Thanks

Have a question. I am currently using my wife's iphone6 but instead of carrying around two phones I would like to simplify and just use my pixel 2. Can the controller be 'linked" to two separate phone without recalibration? Meaning if I want to use iPhone I can just connect to controller. Or if I want to use the pixel I can use it just by wifi connection? Thanks
Absolutely because when you go to a brand new device and connect to it through Wi-Fi from remote or Otg..the Spark shows all your settings in that app straight away except for your video cache settings you must do like how much gig to store like 2gb or 4gb and record audio with cache but everything else is relayed direct from the sparks firmware and chipset to the App...No need to recalibrate also unless the Spark was to get new firmware or u crash it or get compass warnings...As a rule I always check my sensor readings before take off...

Wait... So you see no benefit to OTG.... Why are you posting in this thread again?
Yeah I hear ya but just find on 2.4ghz I get great distance and ok video response to my phone Galaxy A8 or IPhone 6 plus...
Also I am Ce channels In New Zealand... But yes 5.8ghz is Crap for anything over 200 meters...
2.4ghz is like it should be so if I do long distance 2.4 it is but 5.8 is good for close quarters city environment...
Just my opinion and would be cool if the Spark was truly officially supported for OTG but you can it is not because Litchi say the SDk is not there for it..[emoji20]

Yeah I hear ya but just find on 2.4ghz I get great distance and ok video response to my phone Galaxy A8 or IPhone 6 plus...
Also I am Ce channels In New Zealand... But yes 5.8ghz is Crap for anything over 200 meters...
2.4ghz is like it should be so if I do long distance 2.4 it is but 5.8 is good for close quarters city environment...
Just my opinion and would be cool if the Spark was truly officially supported for OTG but you can it is not because Litchi say the SDk is not there for it..[emoji20]
Then why did the last update .12 actually say OTG for spark support? So now what's the argument?

Then why did the last update .12 actually say OTG for spark support? So now what's the argument?

My main reason for wanting OTG, the ability to use 2.4GHz for the RC-AC connection, as Android phones don't see most of the 5.8GHz channels that DJI wants us to use.
4.2.12 is working great for me with OTG and a Nexus 7 Gen2 with RC-AC set manually to 2.4GHz.

Reactions: Haggi
Ok all good but as a reseller for Dji they have told us that the Spark Has and never will be supported for OTG it just works when it shouldn't and saying so on 4.2.12 was a mistake and that's why it was pulled promptly from the notes on G play store..

I just like to follow what u all are saying[emoji1]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar