Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Looks like otg android is back and app download new app 4.2.16 587 Monday 21st May.

Still not sure how you get such a great distance gavie! i took my spark out yesterday, phone aeroplane connected via OTG and flew it straight up i got it to 397ft before it completely lost signal and flew RTH.

I was standing under it the whole time remote pointing at it! maybe london just has way to much wifi hopefully flying in dover this weekend will be a bit better!

Google Maps

That sucks. Got to 1200ft up without trying the other day.

Finally received my 4.2.12 577 build. The 574 build was horrible. Now things runs smoothly and little loss of transmission.

I am still unable to fly under FCC mode. Using Floater to fake the GPS location, the new DJI Go App 4 doesn't have the VLAN or WLAN pop-up. It always goes into CE mode, so my transmission cuts out around 500+ meters (in heavily populated area).

I know some of you in non-FCC countries could still fly in FCC mode with the 4.2.12 577 build. Could you please let me know how you do this?

Flying in areas without mobile coverage.

does this impact the fact that when i fly with OTG I put my phone into aeroplane mode? and is there an easy way to download the whole of the UK as a map? right now its just a tiny box bit annoying

Yes aeroplane mode turns off your radio too.
You should be able to zoom in or out but I suspect all of UK might be a bit too big.

Gavie are all your flights in this thread using fcc mode? Also does using it affect your RTH?
Yes all my flying is done with fcc mode and rth is normal no affect with that. All new builds work for me tricking the spark then I just press cancel so it doesn't go back to ce mode when I get the box come up when I start my spark up it stays in fcc mode with 11 channels in WiFi settings.

sent on my Sammy s8 with Dji spark attached to it [emoji16]

Thanks Gavie,, just tried this and it works,, :)
John you won't go back I promise it's so much safer because your video feed is always rock solid. When I use ce it's a horrible experience and I think it's actually quite dangerous even in line of sight.

Finally received my 4.2.12 577 build. The 574 build was horrible. Now things runs smoothly and little loss of transmission.

I am still unable to fly under FCC mode. Using Floater to fake the GPS location, the new DJI Go App 4 doesn't have the VLAN or WLAN pop-up. It always goes into CE mode, so my transmission cuts out around 500+ meters (in heavily populated area).

I know some of you in non-FCC countries could still fly in FCC mode with the 4.2.12 577 build. Could you please let me know how you do this?

FWIW I was able to set FCC using Floater with 4.2.12 577 without any special steps. Just start Floater, set to US, start GO4, start RC, wait for connection (over wifi), confirm wifi region warning, exit GO4, exit floater, open Maps to verify location is back to normal, start GO4 and cancel wifi region warning. This has always worked for me, but sometimes you just need a bit of patience between the steps.

And no need for OTG in FCC mode, not just for range, but it is much more reliable than in CE mode!

Last edited:
Reactions: Gavieboydgi
Just had a massive rain storm. But the weather looks like it starting to get Nice I think it's time to get the little Spark out [emoji16] And finally test this 4.2.12 577 app with otg.

20180428_161454.jpg

John you won't go back I promise it's so much safer because your video feed is always rock solid. When I use ce it's a horrible experience and I think it's actually quite dangerous even in line of sight.

For sure,, being flying all afternoon and it works just great ,, once again Thanks,,,

Had a bit of a weird one just now flew it out lost signal an it RTH but usually when it gets back in range the video feed comes back this time it stayed at no signal even after closing an reopening the app and the drone was literally in my hand. Was connected OTG phone in aeroplane mode.

Got my Spark travel kit ready for some Los night photography flying wish me luck [emoji23]

20180428_205731.jpg

Just walking home from night flying and I'm not liking the 577 update the dreaded lag is back with otg and Wi-Fi.
I think I'll try and delete data and cache from go app when I get home and see if that fixes it. I didn't screen record it but it's back on the s8. I was only 200 feet away and the lag was unbearable I had to land and reset everything. Had phone in airplane mode so it can't be interference from phone and closed all app's. Will test again tomorrow now it's pitch black in UK.

Did my first flight with 4.2.12 yesterday and I'm not impressed. First battery went ok but after changing to a new one the problems started.

Video transmission was laggy. Not like interference...more like something was broken...hard to describe. I had to restart everything.

The screen went somewhat dim/dark. Never had this before. Even after the restart it didn't got better.

Well, reversing back to 4.1.15 to see if things are different.

Anyone noticed they took out optimised otg from the update notes in the Google play store update notes

Look it's not there anymore

Screenshot_20180429-011339_Google%20Play%20Store.jpg

Here's the old notes from the first update 4.2.12
Screenshot_20180423-085923_Google%20Play%20Store.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChunGreenh