Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Lost light cap on back propellor

el cap

Join
Jun 7, 2017
Loc
kailua kona
Aloha spark pilots,

Was flying this morning and had a run in with some lava rock! The drone only fell a foot or two at the most. When I recovered the spark, I noticed one of the light caps came off. After scavenging the area I was unable to recover the missing piece. The good news is the spark went undamaged minus the lost cap and was able to fly again immediately. The bad news, I'm short one cap and some minor scuffs on the propellor.

As of the time writing this, DJI after service hours are unavailable to live chat. I'm hoping I don't have to send the spark back and they can send a replacement part? Any thoughts are appreciated?

To clarify why I crashed, I turned off obstacle avoidance and tried going between two rock stacks to get what I'd hope was a great video. Little wind got me and down she went. Spark took the tumble like a champ.

Attachments

• IMG_0020.JPG
    IMG_0020.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 39
Sorry you lost the cap. If it makes you feel better, you are not alone. I also had an unplanned rough landing and two covers fell off. Found one of them and it clicked right back. The other one is MIA. No big deal for me, I look at it as weight reduction and flight time increase.
I didn't bother to find a repair part, knowing at my current crash rate I will have to use my Refresh replacement soon.

Just got a email back from dji customer service. They do not have spare LED covers available yet as the spark is still a new product. If anyone else loses a cap, sounds like we are out of luck for the immediate future. Fly safe everyone...

I had read on the DJI Spark forum that they (DJI) recommend putting a few small drops of adhesive on the LED covers to prevent them from popping off. I lost three of them in an errant crash in which DJI replaced my Spark.
I used UV curable adhesive in three different areas around each of the rims where they snap in to the arms of my replacement Spark just to be safe.
May want to try it, just be sparing with the adhesive. UV cureable adhesive is good because it cures immediately after applying UV light for about 30-45 sec. I used a very small dot, some ran in to the small gap and may hold it well.

Here's a link to some good UV adhesive on Amazon:
Amazon.com: Bondic,Repair Anything! Better Than Glue! Waterproof, Heat Resistant, Made In USA! Up To 100 Fixes! The 1st Liquid Plastic Welder! Bond, Build, Fix & Fill Anything In Seconds! (Bondic Starter Kit): Arts, Crafts & Sewing

Reactions: Dronason and Ben2

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex