Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Lost my new Spark, what should I do now?

Hon Ng

Join
Oct 21, 2017
Hi all,

I'm a new pilot and just brought a Spark. Yesterday, I did some practice fry, and the monitor shown a weak GPS warning, and a magnetic-field interference. So I trigger the Return Home function. At that time, I still able to see the image from the monitor, but after a while, it continue show a lot of warning, and switched to the ATTI mode, after a while I lost the video feed from the monitor. And my Spark it gone. That's only the 6th flight.

What should I do now? I tried the Found My Drone location to locate my drone, and did not find it. up loaded the flight record to Airdata to see what's going on, and the last log is:

m 05m 55s 109.3 ft 998 ft Data Loss Downlink data connection lost for 1 seconds
05m 55s 109.3 ft 998 ft 46% Battery at maximum distance

Is that mean the drone keep on flying? What should I do now?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Learn from your mistake...

Seems to me like "anxious pilot" syndrome. Too anxious to get your Spark flying without making sure everything was GTG.

If you can't find the drone and didn't buy the DJI Refresh, you are out of luck . If you didn't have drone personal property insurance you are out of luck again. You make no mention if you were using a smart device or have a remote. You make no mention if you read the manuals, watched videos, checked for Firmware updates, or checked how good your GPS was. You don't say if you were in a "good" area for flying like low wifi interference or not alot of metal...

Did you mark your drone with any personal info like contact info if found? OR did you create a README file on the SD card so some honest person could return it to you? You leave too many open questions but in a nutshell you'll most likely never see it again...

Hi all,

I'm a new pilot and just brought a Spark. Yesterday, I did some practice fry, and the monitor shown a weak GPS warning, and a magnetic-field interference. So I trigger the Return Home function. At that time, I still able to see the image from the monitor, but after a while, it continue show a lot of warning, and switched to the ATTI mode, after a while I lost the video feed from the monitor. And my Spark it gone. That's only the 6th flight.

What should I do now? I tried the Found My Drone location to locate my drone, and did not find it. up loaded the flight record to Airdata to see what's going on, and the last log is:

m 05m 55s 109.3 ft 998 ft Data Loss Downlink data connection lost for 1 seconds
05m 55s 109.3 ft 998 ft 46% Battery at maximum distance

Is that mean the drone keep on flying? What should I do now?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Reactions: hendywidodo
I maybe too anxious. The Spark and the battery did the latest firmware installed. And before it take off, I check it had a good GPS signal. I was using the remote controller with the OTG cable attached.

Off course I did read the manual and watched some of the videos on how to control the Spark.

Reactions: Sparkbart
I maybe too anxious. The Spark and the battery did the latest firmware installed. And before it take off, I check it had a good GPS signal. I was using the remote controller with the OTG cable attached.

Off course I did read the manual and watched some of the videos on how to control the Spark.
Look it up.
There is a post on this forum where someone lost connection and lost their spark. Could not locate it with 'find my drone'. Some intelligent people here helped the owner find it using flight files and some software.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast