Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Lost signal under dock structure only 30 meters away and spark went into auto land into lake and sunk

Oh no...I've seen some people use water landing gear. Might not be a bad choice especially if one flies over water often. I fly over water a lot, maybe half of my flights so this definitely includes me. I haven't had any issues so far and just finished my 102 flight a couple days ago.

No GPS and above 10 meters means the spark is in atti mode. It will not RTH. If it tried to land and you had landing protection on, it would have hovered above 1 meter and waited for pilot. If low battery then it would have landed on its on.

Reactions: wiscoindy
Oh no...I've seen some people use water landing gear. Might not be a bad choice especially if one flies over water often. I fly over water a lot, maybe half of my flights so this definitely includes me. I haven't had any issues so far and just finished my 102 flight a couple days ago.
what kind of water landing gear do you use?

When you lose your GPS connection while flying under a metal structure it is because the GPS signal was blocked by the structure. Flying under or through bridges, docks or whatever is not a good idea. You will more than likely lose your GPS signal. Even if the RTH function kicks in while you are under a structure, the drone would attempt to fly straight up to achieve the RTH altitude and the drone would then crash into whatever you were flying under. In any case as such, the drone is doomed. Sorry you lost your Spark though.

I use the 4 float balls , the plastic landing gear then attachments for balls weigh a lot . I never have good luck over water, it really confuses spark if you’re not traveling at a steady speed . If you’re hoveri g over water, you’re spark will eventually land in it

Ditto! And trying to fly under structures will really have adverse effects on the Spark. One Spark pilot had his go crazy and eventually crash against the structure. GPS lose is a serious problem, going into atti mode is scary. Not the same as starting out in atti mode and THEN gaining A GPS LOCK.

Reactions: wiscoindy
thanks Kind of discouraged to re-buy a Spark then....a lot of my activities including boating are around water. May need to practice more or are there better drones more suited for this type of environment

well I liked the Spark because of the value....I am still a beginner so cost was one consideration because of mistakes i made.

I checked the website link you sent I honestly have not done a lot of research on other types of drones not from DJI. The Mavic Pro with snow / water landing gear is cool

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bornzero2none