Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Lost spark

A cloud perhaps at that altitude?
The downward sensors were detecting something at altitudes as low as 108 feet.

Here's a shot from 91 feet:

download.png

Reactions: Spark 317
Thanks. Still learning.:)

Are there any more images after that which may show where it landed?
No. The battery shut off mid-flight, so it most certainly was not taking images as it dropped out of the sky.

what could have caused it to do that then as I had no control as it went higher
As I explained above, the downward sensors were detecting an obstacle beneath the drone. When auto landing, this causes the drone to ascend. If you had cancelled RTH, you would have been able to manually descend and land.

As I explained above, the downward sensors were detecting an obstacle beneath the drone. When auto landing, this causes the drone to ascend. If you had cancelled RTH, you would have been able to manually descend and land.
I had tried to cancel at one point but nothing was responding as it was saying it was disconnected

Maintaining a good remote controller signal can sometimes be a challenge when flying directly above the remote controller. In this case though, the remote controller did keep reconnecting to the Spark. You would have had to cancel RTH during one of those times when the remote controller was connected.

Maintaining a good remote controller signal can sometimes be a challenge when flying directly above the remote controller. In this case though, the remote controller did keep reconnecting to the Spark. You would have had to cancel RTH during one of those times when the remote controller was connected.
I had cancelled when it reconnected but did not cancel , every time I cancelled it dropped connection straight away

every time I cancelled it dropped connection straight away
That makes sense. The signal radiates out to the sides of the drone. That's why it's not a great idea to stand directly underneath it when flying.

That makes sense. The signal radiates out to the sides of the drone. That's why it's not a great idea to stand directly underneath it when flying.
I had been further away at one point and then bought it closer towards my takeoff point but was around 30+feet away still , I’m just gutted as I had no control of the drone and now I’m without a drone because of it disconnecting

Unless someone else picked it up, it's gotta be somewhere close to where you were standing.

The log shows your Spark was last located at 51.79135015, -1.51465162. If it had dropped out of the sky right after that point, it would have taken about 9 seconds to hit the ground. Depending on how windy it was, that could have pushed the Spark away from that point as it fell. I don't think you'd need to search anything outside of this circle:

Area.jpg

Did you check the roof of that building?

The log shows your Spark was last located at 51.79135015, -1.51465162. If it had dropped out of the sky right after that point, it would have taken about 9 seconds to hit the ground. Depending on how windy it was, that could have pushed the Spark away from that point as it fell. I don't think you'd need to search anything outside of this circle:

View attachment 8135

Did you check the roof of that building?
I need to get a ladder to check, there is a flat point on the back end of the building next to the car park, I’m guessing it will be completely smashed up tho if it dropped out of the sky at that height? Could this have been caused by some kind of malfunction?

I’m guessing it will be completely smashed up tho if it dropped out of the sky at that height?
I think so.

Could this have been caused by some kind of malfunction?
Perhaps. I've never seen a case like this where there was definitely nothing beneath the drone (e.g. 3rd party accessories, fog).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme