Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Max distances with rc

twidmer

Join
Dec 31, 2017
I am slowly pushing the limits of my spark, each flight learning more. Not as panicked when my app crashes, etc. I got my spark up to 600 feet and 1200 feet out, and things felt good. have found it is best to push early, then come back and mess around the last third of butterflies in sport mode.

What’s your foot size so I know what you mean by 1200 feets? ;)

With modded antenna and in FCC mode, I typically panick around 3.5 km out to return home safely before battery empties. Never pushed it to the limit really.

Last edited:
I did 750meters=2460feet in the city. I use later the cheap antenna boosters (5dlls) and I got 1km=3280feet. It’s the perfect distance. In the open (country) should get the advertise 2km but haven’t try it.

So far I’ve managed 3000m on two flights. One over ocean, the other country town land. Some houses and elec wires, but largely just bushes and dirt.

Reactions: Victoria
Yes. All current updates and using wifi only on iPhone X. I get several momentary video losses, but 3000m is the boundary I last set(after I made 2000 and thought get there was a little bit more left) and it hit the 3000 barrier too. I’m really impressed. I think it could have 3200-3300 possible, but it’s hard to get high enough and not use too much battery up for me to want to test any further/farther.

What's the most efficient mode to get from A to B? Sports mode will get you far in a short time, but does it actually consume more battery per distance covered? It also turns off certain functions, doesn't it? So maybe it's a battery saver when just flying in a straight line.

Sport mode. Maybe only 9-11mins flight time, but you’re going 4-5x the speed, so more distance is covered.

I am attempting this with stock remote and OTG cable to Samsung Galaxy s8. Does anyone know if I'm getting weak transmission signal that I can continue? Or is that time to turn around..If you lose connection it always asks if I want to do RTH, and have found if I hold out, it almost always reconnects. I make extra sure I'm in GPS mode every time, and update my home point. If you get out of range will it automatically RTH?

Don't know where you're flying but most countries limit flight to 400ft altitude and Visual Line of Sight. Above 400ft you're into controlled airspace and mixing it up with the big boys. Consider flying responsibly so maybe we can enjoy the hobby for a few more days.

Reactions: Gavieboydgi
When you get that message, it really depends on how far away you are in distance. The height is established already by default, no higher than 400 ft. If you’re 200 ft. Away and get the message, but regain wifi control, then sure keep going. I’ve personally found 2500 feet to be the wifi limit. Using parabolic extenders may increase that range, but VLOS is no longer being legally observed.

Reactions: Gavieboydgi
I've just done a mile out. I could of gone much further but I went over a massive electric pylons so that was between me and the spark I was worried it would interfere with my WiFi signal. As you can see I still had 74 % battery left hahaha

PSX_20180420_213940.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502