Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Maximum distance/altitude reached with new firmware

wyx087

Join
Aug 17, 2017
After the new firmware update, I am getting this quite a lot. Even though it was only 30m away and beginner mode was never enabled.

It always happens when I change the battery. Anyone else had this?

My quick battery change routine: land, turn off, change battery, turn on and wait for video feed to come back on phone, fly. RC is always on and it auto connects no problem.

It seems after the firmware update, I now have to re-do the whole setup process on every battery change: land, turn off everything, change battery, turn on Spark, turn on RC, reconnect OTG cable to phone and then fly. Way too much to do every 10min.

Seems it is related to login into dji for the Go4 app. It thinks it is not logged and gives you only limited range like if you use only the RC and no phone.
Other users said they need to fully exit Go4 app and enter it again at each battery change.
Never had such issue maybe full reinstall of Go4 app?

Sent from my SM-G950F using SparkPilots Spark Forum mobile app

I had the same problem, all I did was log out and log back in to the dji app and it should work

iOS. I've tried logging out and log back in on the app, same issue on battery change.

I'll test remove the app and re-download it from appstore tonight.

By fully exit and enter again, do you mean force quit the app? This sounds easier than power-cycle the whole RC. I'll also test this tonight and report back.

Reactions: His415
I have the same issue with IOS11, put of RC and Spark, reconnect OTG cable and restart the App. Then the iPhone is asking to enter my iPhone password for acces to the RC. when I do all these staps I'm allowed to fly further than 50 meter distance.

Tested last night, reinstalled DJI Go 4 app doesn't solve the problem. (iOS 10 by the way, tested on iPhone 6s+ and 5s)

Force quit the app and launch it again fixed the problem.

So the steps to quickly change battery are as follow:
1. land
2. turn off the drone
3. change battery
4. turn on the drone
5. while the drone is starting up and RC hasn't connected, force quit the DJI Go 4 app
6. launch the DJI Go 4 app again
7. by now, RC should be connected and the drone should be ready to fly.
Whole process takes less than a minute. Steps 5 and 6 are extra steps needed after the .600 firmware update, but doesn't actually slow down the process because you still have to wait for drone initialisation and RC connection.

Luckily it avoided turning off the RC. I wanted to avoid power cycle the RC because in doing so, you'd also have to faff about with the OTG cable. This way just a few extra swipes on the phone and back to flying.

Hey guys, I had this issue at first. Would set max distance and max altitude and the spark wouldn't reach it. Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Sometimes changing batteries would make it work...

I don't have this problem anymore. I power on my RC first. Then the spark. And finally DJI GO 4 app. Never happened since.

Reactions: run4jc
Yep, faced the same issue when changing batts. What I did was to restart the RC as well. I didn't remember to force quit the Dji Go app. I left it as it is. When the RC is connected and the display is up on my phone, no more limited distance in flight.
I noticed this issue arises after the recent firmware update.

I'm using RC, Android and OTG cable. No issue. Check my video below:

5.8 GHz need unobstructed signal, so i believe if i could find higher starting point will reach more range.

But for now i decide it to downgrade my spark because with firmware .500 signal from Spark has more power than firmware .600

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar