Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Maximum distance/altitude reached with new firmware

Yes i can (unofficially) downgrade from .600 to .500. See it fly no problem today, September 2nd here:

iOS 11 and .600 here. Only time I’ve ever seen anything like this was when I tried to fly with no gps signal. In ATTI mode it won’t go above 30m

I regularly fly, change battery without turning anything off except the spark. I leave the OTG cable in throughout. As soon as the spark comes back up it auto connects to both the app and the rc.

I’ve seen about 1500m on 2.4ghz but it wasn’t an unobstructed flight so it turned around pretty much as soon as it got that far out

I watched a You Tube video yesterday in which the guy said the OTG was now obsolete--that it did not help his signal anymore. I've been using one ever since I found out about it. Last week I flew 1.7 miles out and it returned because of the battery levels. I NEVER lost signal or had any glitches--but that was ONCE out of all my flights. I haven't had that luck again since. Lately, it keeps disconnecting and losing signal, etc... I flew a quick short flight yesterday without the OTG & only had a signal issue for a sec towards the end.
I switch back & forth between my Android phone, Android tablet, and old I-Pad. It seems like when one works well, the others don't. Could be just me, but it can sure get frustrating. Every time something starts to work decently they think they have to change it.

I using Android smartphone with OTG and so far it work. Though there are few times I need to unplug and replug a few times before the OTG connection works.

I this this happens when you take off in ATTI mode.. (before the spark gets the GPS signal..)

Today I flew out to 8400 feet before I lost signal and RTH kicked in. I'm in the country so there's minimal interference and I kept plenty of distance between myself and the trees. I used channel 1 on 2.4 ghz with an OTG cable on my galaxy s6 active. I had to pay a lot of attention to where I was aiming my rc and I was constantly losing video starting at about 6000 feet. My previous best was about 6500 feet. I was shocked when it just kept going today.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using SparkPilots Spark Forum mobile app

I had this when in Ireland a couple of weeks ago. I have 6 batteries - why, oh why, did I get 4 extra batteries every upgrade is hours of updating :-D - and 2 of them exhibited this problem (max altitude 30m). Really weird. Anywhoo, the latest upgrade seems to have fixed this. Although to be fair I haven't flown with all the batteries yet...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar