Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Mode 2 - Exponential

horesham

Join
Oct 9, 2018
Achieving a very slow rotation for enhanced video quality - sad that Dji didn't think about an exponential adjustment for that left hand stick in order to achieve a very slow rotation and hence a smoother video 'in the turn' - tripod mode is far too quick as is the movement with my left hand !

Been flying rc planes for some years now where exponential adjustments to certain control surfaces result in much smoother flight characteristics and they have nothing like the avionics fit that the Spark has.

Rotating the aircraft (yaw) while in Tripod Mode is already extremely slow. If you're still getting a jumpy image (dropped frames) despite a delicate touch there may be something wrong with your aircraft. A properly functioning processor and updated software should sufficient to give a smooth video image in that scenario.

For the sake of comparison Tripod Mode gives me a smooth video image during yaw. Have you tried factory reset of controller, drone and app?

I'm sure DJI considered an exponential mode since their other drones have this feature - it's just not needed since Tripod Mode fixed that limitation caused by the 2-axis gimbal.

Spark 2 with a 3-axis gimbal is at the top of my wish list!

Many thanks for your detailed response. I'm just about to go flying so I'd like to respond after a hopefully successful late afternoon sunset !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmizzoni