Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Modified DJI Go 4, extra features available for Spark

Far too cold here where I live to do any flying right now. Been below 10F here since Christmas. Supposed to start warming up this upcoming week so maybe I'll be able to get some flight time in. That will allow me to test the app.

I'd like to compare the difference in the modded app compared to the standard one from Google play too. So I will probably do that as well.

I will use my LG Stylo 2 with the modded app and my Stylo 3 with the standard app as they are both very similar phones.

Last edited:
I don't quite understand, one buys the Spark then tries everyway from Sunday to make it do impossible feats. Me I just happy with what came in the box and it does everything that was advertised.. I do not have the slightest twitch to change it. My soap box statement.

Not asking the drone to do flips and loop de loops. We're trying to get a better feed mainly for those of us who would like to actually be able to use the drone for it's intended aspects. (Such as good video) Yes it takes a great video on the sd card but we'd like to actually be able to see what's happening as pilots too. I fly well within the legal limits and I quite enjoy the Spark as a whole but DJI needs to get it together. Not everyone can afford IOS devices. Android is much cheaper in that aspect as well. Also it is a proven fact that the Spark and the Mavic share some of the same software. It's just not active on the Spark.

Also some of us are interested in possibly using the Spark professionally. It would be the perfect platform for videography in real estate and construction. If I were using it, the last thing I'd want is my client standing next to me while I am attempting to get the shots they are asking for and the video on my screen is either cutting in and out or it's so laggy that it almost makes it impossible to get anything done. And as the client, I definitely would not want to see that on the drone operatiors screen either.

So if you are not comfortable with our discussion, there are plenty of other threads to check out and follow.

We are the ones who bought the Spark when it first came out. We raved and praised DJI for giving the masses a great drone and we mostly felt it was almost perfect when it came out. Maybe a few firmware tweaks and that was it. But DJI went a little crazy.

As a person who bought the first one's that came out, we feel like beta testers. Especially with all the changes they made to firmware and such. They had it right a long time ago in my opinion but they couldn't just leave it alone.

I don't quite understand, one buys the Spark then tries everyway from Sunday to make it do impossible feats. Me I just happy with what came in the box and it does everything that was advertised.. I do not have the slightest twitch to change it. My soap box statement.

Hi Jim,
I notice that you are in Tulsa and as stock you are flying with the FCC mode due to your geographical location, This transmits at a higher signal output allowing better distance and feed reliability, Over here in Europe we are stuck with CE mode which is poor by comparison...... This Mod allows us to harness the power of FCC....

Reactions: dubt
Far too cold here where I live to do any flying right now. Been below 10F here since Christmas. Supposed to start warming up this upcoming week so maybe I'll be able to get some flight time in. That will allow me to test the app.

I'd like to compare the difference in the modded app compared to the standard one from Google play too. So I will probably do that as well.

I will use my LG Stylo 2 with the modded app and my Stylo 3 with the standard app as they are both very similar phones.

I'd like to know how that is going to go for you, so whenever you fly let us know. I am using Note 5 and its not on "DJI Supported Devices List" so just want to know how yhis mod will perform for you.

I'd like to know how that is going to go for you, so whenever you fly let us know. I am using Note 5 and its not on "DJI Supported Devices List" so just want to know how yhis mod will perform for you.
Neither of my phones is on that list either. I had zero issues all summer long. But since all the updates.... Unfortunately, it's been cold, raining, snowing, and windy where I live so it's hard to fly right now. (Winter in the North-East)

Not asking the drone to do flips and loop de loops. We're trying to get a better feed mainly for those of us who would like to actually be able to use the drone for it's intended aspects. (Such as good video) Yes it takes a great video on the sd card but we'd like to actually be able to see what's happening as pilots too. I fly well within the legal limits and I quite enjoy the Spark as a whole but DJI needs to get it together. Not everyone can afford IOS devices. Android is much cheaper in that aspect as well. Also it is a proven fact that the Spark and the Mavic share some of the same software. It's just not active on the Spark.

Also some of us are interested in possibly using the Spark professionally. It would be the perfect platform for videography in real estate and construction. If I were using it, the last thing I'd want is my client standing next to me while I am attempting to get the shots they are asking for and the video on my screen is either cutting in and out or it's so laggy that it almost makes it impossible to get anything done. And as the client, I definitely would not want to see that on the drone operatiors screen either.

So if you are not comfortable with our discussion, there are plenty of other threads to check out and follow.

We are the ones who bought the Spark when it first came out. We raved and praised DJI for giving the masses a great drone and we mostly felt it was almost perfect when it came out. Maybe a few firmware tweaks and that was it. But DJI went a little crazy.

As a person who bought the first one's that came out, we feel like beta testers. Especially with all the changes they made to firmware and such. They had it right a long time ago in my opinion but they couldn't just leave it alone.

Amen Brother! I pre-ordered mine the day it was announced. I hate that the app with 4.1.15 or so I wasn't able to switch channels (from 2.4 to 5.8 or vice versa) but with the 4.1.18 those idiots just tried to completely make Spark a toy and not what it is capable of. Shame! I love the fact that someone finally is getting around or finding ways to give usbthe ability to enjoy all the awesome things this drone can actually do. Thanks to all those who are working on it! I wonder if those guys and/or gals have a way to donate to them for the work they are doing.

Reactions: armando58 and dubt
Amen Brother! I pre-ordered mine the day it was announced. I hate that the app with 4.1.15 or so I wasn't able to switch channels (from 2.4 to 5.8 or vice versa) but with the 4.1.18 those idiots just tried to completely make Spark a toy and not what it is capable of. Shame! I love the fact that someone finally is getting around or finding ways to give usbthe ability to enjoy all the awesome things this drone can actually do. Thanks to all those who are working on it! I wonder if those guys and/or gals have a way to donate to them for the work they are doing.
In the mod post I created in the credits spoiler at the end of the first post the original modding team has a PayPal donate and Bitcoin address.

I'm just adding smaller features to their work and learning as I go, but they are the real heros. Shoot em a cup of coffee or two.

Did anyone try the follow me feature? as far as I understand that requires the remote to have gps (contrary to the active tracking) in order to transmit its current position, so it's not just software as other features may be. I'm going to test it as soon as I can. That would be a game changer for me, as the active tracking fails quite a lot when they're trees around occasionally covering the subject.

Reactions: Jacob
Did anyone try the follow me feature? as far as I understand that requires the remote to have gps (contrary to the active tracking) in order to transmit its current position, so it's not just software as other features may be. I'm going to test it as soon as I can. That would be a game changer for me, as the active tracking fails quite a lot when they're trees around occasionally covering the subject.

Hi, I think everyone from here moved on to the other discussion. You'll find a link in the third post from the top, on this page. Good discussion about these mods.

I am too, very interested in the follow mode, just cant test it yet. If you get a chance to test let us know how that goes

Reactions: katehuen
Reactions: SpookieNZL
First thing I tried was waypoints and it worked.

You might wanna check this topic, Ts has improved this modded app and even gives you the choice to install the original app side by side

DJI GO 4 MOD 2.0 | DJI GO 4 MOD LITE [ Additional Features | Android | App Ver. 4.1.15 ]

DJI GO 4 MOD 2.0 | DJI GO 4 MOD LITE [ Additional Features | Android | App Ver. 4.1.15 ]
I Wanted to Load a Pre Flight Waypoint that I used in Litchi Mission But litchi not Support Spark I know Wayoints Work in DJI Go APP but cant Make Offline Missions like you can do With Litchi / Litchi Mission.

Hey Guys,

My first post here.. here goes.
Flying the Spark in South Africa, with both the 4.1.15 modded DJI GO app on android as well with the Original DJI Go 4 app on IOS, I get the 'Lost Transmission Signal' message at about 400m distance. Spark is on the latest firmware V 01.00.0900.
Prior to the IOS DJI app update to 4.1.22 and firmware update V 01.00.0900, I was able to get about 1.8km using the modded DJI FCC hack app.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Hey Guys,

My first post here.. here goes.
Flying the Spark in South Africa, with both the 4.1.15 modded DJI GO app on android as well with the Original DJI Go 4 app on IOS, I get the 'Lost Transmission Signal' message at about 400m distance. Spark is on the latest firmware V 01.00.0900.
Prior to the IOS DJI app update to 4.1.22 and firmware update V 01.00.0900, I was able to get about 1.8km using the modded DJI FCC hack app.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Perhaps try this thread, seems to be more active.

I’m interested in this answer as I am about to purchase a Spark in SA.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme