Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Modified DJI Go 4, extra features available for Spark

Perhaps try this thread, seems to be more active.
DJI GO 4 MOD 2.0 | DJI GO 4 MOD LITE [ Additional Features | Android | App Ver. 4.1.15 ]

I’m interested in this answer as I am about to purchase a Spark in SA.

So.. I tried the MOD 2.0 app on a Samsung S8. Happy days.. The drone flew as it used to. I did still get the warnings of a Poor transmission signal at 400m.. but the feed was great and I managed to go 1200m before I turned back. No problems with the feed or remote connection to the drone.

So.. I tried the MOD 2.0 app on a Samsung S8. Happy days.. The drone flew as it used to. I did still get the warnings of a Poor transmission signal at 400m.. but the feed was great and I managed to go 1200m before I turned back. No problems with the feed or remote connection to the drone.

Thanks for the feedback, great news!!! Really keen on getting one now.

By the way, what OTG cable are you using?

I've tried MOD 2.0 app with my Note 3, Android version 5.0. Works OK! Installed it right beside original DJI Go App 4.1.15 (from APK mirror). Tested it with OTG and flew about 500+m and then RTH. Didn't manage to fly further due to high level of obstructions around my area (tall buildings everywhere).

But have not tried the LITE.

Keep up the good work! Hope to see more features in the future mimicking the latest DJI Go App :).

Hi, just downloaded DJI Go4 4.1.15 patch CZ-SK-EN v1.0 and i wanted to use only OTG cable for better video transmission,
Is it working with OTG cable and latest FW.0900?
Is it in English version app?
What about DJI Go4 4.1.22 patch CZ-SK-EN v1.0,OTG cable support also?
Please help !!

Last edited:
Jeez, he was simply sharing his concerns. It echos my concerns as well. I was more than willing to see your results. It sounded interesting. But if you’re going to get defensive about negative feedback. Then, I too am in the wrong room. Adios

Just had a couple of flights with this modded version. I have to say it's the best most stable version I've ever flown. I was going between 4.1.18 and 4.1.22 always going back to 4.1.15 because of the infamous OTG problem.
I'm used to the app always crashing around 6 or 7 minutes into the flight. This modded version (I tried it WITH OTG cable) not only didn't crash but you could feel it was much more stable. The image on the phone never showed any signs of bad signal, which usually happens with all previous versions I tried.
Congrats to the guys who made this happen. I doubt I'll use any other version unless DJI get its act together with OTG and more features.
Haven't tried POI and the other features yet but I'll post when I do.
Do you mind walking me thru what is needed to make this happen?

hey, i am little lost, is there any updated version of this mod that also has boomerang and other quickshots from mavic air?
also, can you run missions only with mobile and no RC?
thanks

In theory running the SPARK without an RC limits the flying distance and altitude to 30 meters and 20 meters respectively. So in this case how can you pass the distance limits !!
I havent tried this option but i am concluding here it is not possible for the moment and also risky by the fact that after the missions are completed SPARK simply hoovers above ground at the particular programmed height waiting for ground instructions .

In theory running the SPARK without an RC limits the flying distance and altitude to 30 meters and 20 meters respectively. So in this case how can you pass the distance limits !!
I havent tried this option but i am concluding here it is not possible for the moment and also risky by the fact that after the missions are completed SPARK simply hoovers above ground at the particular programmed height waiting for ground instructions .

thanks. the height limit is about 40 and unlimited distance with Spark Pro app using some wifi booster. but i was told that missions are locked without RC...
regarding the missions, there are options if the drone loses signal, whether continue with mission, or RTH ,or whatever you choose in that case in Spark pro app....

Last edited:
Hi Everybody

since one week i'm the proud owner of the nice little spark from dji. Since i live in the eu the flight distance of the drone is very limited. so i have downloaded the dji go 4 mod.apk and installed it. flight stability is improved tremendously and i love the cinematic view mode. It seems however that i lost the quickshot modes. Does anybody else have the same problem or maybe a solution? p.s. i have tried the dji go 4 mod 2.0 but my samsung S5 does not seem to be able to handle that :) so that is not a solution

Reactions: MannyCAM2001
Screenshot of homescreen. Seems like a lot more things are enabled View attachment 2566
I've started testing the Mod 2.0 app for Spark recently. One thing that always bugged me about the Spark is that it didn't even have a reliable POI feature. I tested POI today and it worked flawlessly. You first establish the object by flying over it and set the GPS, then you establish the radius by flying back ward, set the speed (awesomely fast btw) and off you go. Radius, elevation direction, etc, can all be adjusted during flight.
Super happy! Works as good as on my M2P.
Will test the other modes, Waypoints, etc., later.

Does anybody know where I could get the dji go4 mod app from? or has it been shut down/banned now. I noticed the link led me to a site mentioning copyright infringement. Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChunGreenh