Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

My first video!

ariber

Join
Dec 4, 2017
Hi all!

Newly arrived to the world of drones, although amateur landscape photographer, I enjoyed very much premiering my Spark last August while spending a few days in north Scotland. I just edited the video and I wanted to share it with you. All this is new to me since I'm new to video editing, but I felt that my photographic background helped me a lot in some aspects... Of course all kinds of comments are welcome! Thank you!

Majestic...

Reactions: ariber
Breathtaking, what did you use for postproduction, your color grading is on point.

Not only the video but the audio track was terrific! This was all shot with the Spark!? DJI could use this as a stellar example of what could be done with this drone! I happened to be wearing headphones when I watched it and I enjoyed every second of it....

The waves, the birds, the kids playing all subtle background noise that improved the experience. Most people probably won't even notice.

Another good example that the most important thing is the person behind the camera, or remote :) and not the camera itself!

Bravo!!
Absolutely fantastic.
You kept it moving and didn't dwell too long on any one scene or perspective.
The Celtic music was also a nice touch.
Thank you very much! I appreciate your comments. Well, I have tried to keep clean trajectories. It was quite windy but fortunately I achieved, with some exceptions, that the movements of the camera were reasonably clean.

Breathtaking, what did you use for postproduction, your color grading is on point.
Thanks, I am glad you liked it! As a photographer I have worked a lot with color and although the video is another world with its particularities, my previous experience has been very useful for me. I tried several options and definitely the one I liked the most - by far - was DaVinci Resolve. The possibilities of working the color -even starting with a simple footage in terms of format (no log, no raw)- are fantastic, in addition to allowing a reasonable noise reduction and practically everything you need to edit. They have released a new version, the one that I have used and that has a free download and is frankly fantastic. Of course, knowing that I was working in that conditions, I underexposed a bit the footage while filming when the sky was too bright, and it worked very well.

Reactions: Kris.
Not only the video but the audio track was terrific! This was all shot with the Spark!? DJI could use this as a stellar example of what could be done with this drone! I happened to be wearing headphones when I watched it and I enjoyed every second of it....

The waves, the birds, the kids playing all subtle background noise that improved the experience. Most people probably won't even notice.
I love that you enjoyed! Yes, as said this is my first video and it's 100% Spark. Regarding the music, that's the idea. I also loved it ... and it fits perfectly with the spirit and timing of the images ... the audio effect touches on the second track work perfect to support the different situations ... I am happy that you've appreciated it.

Another good example that the most important thing is the person behind the camera, or remote :) and not the camera itself!
Thank you Kris, the stuff helps a lot in certain situations, but obviously what predominates is our work. And this is true in all arts, fortunately!

Stunning.

Where’s the beach? I need to take my dog, my tent and my Spark there in Spring.

Beautiful.

I'm thankful for the Spark pilots around the world.

I've seen so many different places around the world from the comfort of my phone or PC.

Keep it UP pilots.:)

Did you use any filters or editing for color and saturation?
I didn’t use any filter for this, although I ordered some for next videos. I made all color grading in DaVinci Resolve, that made a good job helping me to set the right exposure, recover detail on shadows and midtones and finally with the color. I had no previous experience with video color grading and this nice piece of software it’s the closest thing to Photoshop that I found. I loved it.

Reactions: leveraction
I didn’t use any filter for this, although I ordered some for next videos. I made all color grading in DaVinci Resolve, that made a good job helping me to set the right exposure, recover detail on shadows and midtones and finally with the color. I had no previous experience with video color grading and this nice piece of software it’s the closest thing to Photoshop that I found. I loved it.
Ok thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChunGreenh