Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

My first video!

This is my very first post, which I just had to make as this is absolutely superb!

Well done Ariel - if I can achieve even half that quality with my first Spark video I'll be well pleased!

Alan

Reactions: ariber
Beautiful! Best I’ve seen and inspired me to visit. And to use davinci resolve :)

Quick question - auto exposures or manual in your shots, or a combination?

If this has been your first video, I wouldn't image who can be the next ones...
I'll be following you!!

Whow, that's a very nice video. I also was on vacation in Scotland end of this summer. Also fist time with a drone, a Spark. After five days I had a flyaway. DJI examined the fly data and concluded it was not a pilot error and gave me a new one. Unfortunately by then I was home again a long time and could not make the beautiful footage you made. But very happy with the replacement, so I can have a second try the next vacation.

Now, after watching it on my 4K TV I have to admit although it still looks fantastic, I'm missing the extra pixels 4K camera would have given. Escpecially after watching some other videos from Scotland, shot with Mavic ...

Last edited:
Hi all!

Newly arrived to the world of drones, although amateur landscape photographer, I enjoyed very much premiering my Spark last August while spending a few days in north Scotland. I just edited the video and I wanted to share it with you. All this is new to me since I'm new to video editing, but I felt that my photographic background helped me a lot in some aspects... Of course all kinds of comments are welcome! Thank you!

Great video. I want to go to Scotland now. Not an amateur at all.

Oh my God this is spectacular!!

My biggest congrats for this piece of work! Absolutely stunning!

It s like a mix of almost a tropical beach with Lord of the Ring scenery...wow! I ve always dreamed of visiting Scotland! And the braveheart music is exactly the one that triggered that desire of visiting this country in the first place back then! You got me here!

Im also always fearful to use other background sounds beside the music track in my videos but you did it so well i might start to use it and lose my fear!

8 min could be considered by some a bit long for this kind of videos but with yours i was like "please do not end, do not end yet!" haha

Hi all!

Newly arrived to the world of drones, although amateur landscape photographer, I enjoyed very much premiering my Spark last August while spending a few days in north Scotland. I just edited the video and I wanted to share it with you. All this is new to me since I'm new to video editing, but I felt that my photographic background helped me a lot in some aspects... Of course all kinds of comments are welcome! Thank you!

Nice video!!!

This is my very first post, which I just had to make as this is absolutely superb!

Well done Ariel - if I can achieve even half that quality with my first Spark video I'll be well pleased!

Alan
Thank you very much Alan!

Beautiful! Best I’ve seen and inspired me to visit. And to use davinci resolve :)

Quick question - auto exposures or manual in your shots, or a combination?
Thank you very much Yams... Yes, give a try to DaVinci, I loved it!.... but I have to say that my previous background with photography postproduction have been a plus to be able to understand and apply it in a short time... Since it was my first trip with a drone I tried to keep it simple, then I used auto mode more than manual... having tried manual in some takes. With more time and experience, I think that I'll shoot in manual most of the time.

Oh my God this is spectacular!!

My biggest congrats for this piece of work! Absolutely stunning!

It s like a mix of almost a tropical beach with Lord of the Ring scenery...wow! I ve always dreamed of visiting Scotland! And the braveheart music is exactly the one that triggered that desire of visiting this country in the first place back then! You got me here!

Im also always fearful to use other background sounds beside the music track in my videos but you did it so well i might start to use it and lose my fear!

8 min could be considered by some a bit long for this kind of videos but with yours i was like "please do not end, do not end yet!" haha
Thank you very much, Yanickma. I felt the same with this soundtrack! Regarding the use of a second track with other sounds... well I have made some ads for the radio and seen more than once the operators doing this... I think it's a plus and tried to keep it well integrated into the visual and sound context.

Regarding the duration.... haha yes... I thought several times in cut it since obviously it's a lot of time... but finally I didn't, maybe because I wanted to follow the music until the end... I appreciate your comments.

Whow, that's a very nice video. I also was on vacation in Scotland end of this summer. Also fist time with a drone, a Spark. After five days I had a flyaway. DJI examined the fly data and concluded it was not a pilot error and gave me a new one. Unfortunately by then I was home again a long time and could not make the beautiful footage you made. But very happy with the replacement, so I can have a second try the next vacation.
Good luck and enjoy it!!!

Now, after watching it on my 4K TV I have to admit although it still looks fantastic, I'm missing the extra pixels 4K camera would have given. Escpecially after watching some other videos from Scotland, shot with Mavic ...
Oh yes, you're right... but although knowing this and enjoying professional equipment in photography I thought that was ok to start with the 'little' one... and I have to say that I have been positively surprised with the results. Saying this, I will surely upgrade next year to 4K but I will study carefully the options, because this time I think I'll go for a bigger sensor, good for video, good for photo... maybe the successor of the P4 pro... We'll see! Thank you for your comments!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis