Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

My first weekend with my Spark. (Lovely and full of #Panic)

Sparcky

Join
Jun 3, 2017
Hi, (This is my personal view and I am also a Mavic pro owner since the beginning.)

It's a cute little drone which a professional ego and attitude....
  • Video and picture quality are amazing.
  • Speed is ridiculous in Sport mode.
  • It's cute and small. (women love it ;-) )
  • Nice flight modes, like panorama and quickshot.
  • It makes me forget my Mavic.
  • Battery charging is fast.
  • I want a second one
But ...... with a Test flight above a new build shopping mall ...(with my remote controller)
  • I had GPS lost,going in ATTI mode ... So it's drifting with the wind .... (after only 10 seconds a RTH worked ...#Panic)
  • I had a Compass lost .... going in ATTI mode .... (#PanicAgain)
  • One Aircraft disconnected .... #SuperPanic !! (RTH after 20 seconds.)
  • And it's to small to see it in the Air when it's 100 meters up and 250 meter away .... (#WherismyDrone? )
  • Lost my video feed several times ... (#Blind)
So It's a wonderful drone but keep it close to you, the internal antennas/compass are okay but much more receptive for interference compared to a Mavic.
(I never had this with my Mavic in this building area several large metal cranes.)

My impressions /Sparcky (I have this nickname since 1996 ;-) )

Last edited:
Reactions: N3M3SIS2ALL
I completely agree with it being too small to see. I've definitely lost it in the air almost every time I have flown it. I have a love/hate relationship with the size.

Reactions: redrydermedia
Hi, (This is my personal view and I am also a Mavic pro owner since the beginning.)

It's a cute little drone which a professional ego and attitude....
  • Video and picture quality are amazing.
  • Speed is ridiculous in Sport mode.
  • It's cute and small. (women love it ;-) )
  • Nice flight modes, like panorama and quickshot.
  • It makes me forget my Mavic.
  • Battery charging is fast.
  • I want a second one
But ...... with a Test flight above a new build shopping mall ...(with my remote controller)
  • I had GPS lost,going in ATTI mode ... So it's drifting with the wind .... (after only 10 seconds a RTH worked ...#Panic)
  • I had a Compass lost .... going in ATTI mode .... (#PanicAgain)
  • One Aircraft disconnected .... #SuperPanic !! (RTH after 20 seconds.)
  • And it's to small to see it in the Air when it's 100 meters up and 250 meter away .... (#WherismyDrone? )
  • Lost my video feed several times ... (#Blind)
So It's a wonderful drone but keep it close to you, the internal antennas/compass are okay but much more receptive for interference compared to a Mavic.
(I never had this with my Mavic in this building area several large metal cranes.)

My impressions /Sparcky (I have this nickname since 1996 ;-) )
Just curious, if you have the RC and mobile device wired? Would it make a difference?

No Issues with my first weekend and first 12 flights on the DJI Spark using the RC and OTG cable and range extenders .... all worked perfect for all quickshot modes and gesture controls , RTH , Tripod mode and all it does. I used my dedicated Mini Ipad3 and never lost connection once in my park and switched between 2.4 and 5.8 ghz channels .... I fly a P4P and a P3A too and never touched them all weekend as having fun with the mini tool !!!IMG_8486.JPG

Reactions: mapwd1702 and SSVDH

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme