Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

My top 5 must haves for Spark

I have landing gear but use them for the mounting of the strobes if I'm not using them on the prop guards.

I don't use an OTG cable as the WiFi works fine for me. Although I do have a couple in the bag JIC.

Definitely a gimbal cover for transportation and protection.

I just ordered my first "real" case and will get it soon.
I have been using a lap top bag that is perfect, except that it's not crush or waterproof.
I also have used a 5 gallon bucket when around water or the elements for extra protection. Here's a post about it.

My hand is the launch / landing pad.

Here is my post in the
Recommended DJI Spark Accessories for new flyer.

Reactions: Paul215
Hello think you have missed the 2 important ones what about the prop guards and NP filters. Regards Irvine (Portsmouth UK )
1. Landing gear

2. OTG cable

3. Gimbal Cover

4. Carry case

5. Landing pad

All of these I own and I seem them essential especially the landing gear.

Peter

Reactions: Prayingdsr
Interesting how different people find different things to be "must haves".

Personally, I agree with the OTG cable, gimbal cover, and carrying case, but see no purpose for the landing gear, and although I have a pop-open landing pad, I've never actually used it.

Interesting how different people find different things to be "must haves".

Personally, I agree with the OTG cable, gimbal cover, and carrying case, but see no purpose for the landing gear, and although I have a pop-open landing pad, I've never actually used it.

I agree. Spark hand-launch and hand-landing make additional landing gear and folding launch pad unnecessary. One of Sparky's best features!

Reactions: macoman
Still keep hearing about incidents of the battery falling out mid-flight, which makes one of these a must-have.
Some people also use rubber bands and O-rings as battery retainer.

View attachment 9177

I find it interesting that if you search this site for subject titles using the terms "battery fell" or "battery fall" there are only TWO matches over the last 20 months. But in that same time frame I've seen well over 100 posts advocating these "battery clamps". It just doesn't add up. You'd expect many more reports if this happened regularly.

Several other incidents are reported by new (inexperienced) pilots who may have not properly locked the battery in place. Some of the incidents are just old posts using generation one batteries. Even the old design worked fine if inserted properly and removed carefully.

I think people are spending an excessive amount of time worrying about an exceedingly rare event. I'm not saying it doesn't happen -- just that it generates an exaggerated amount of concern.

Stay calm -- and fly on!

I find it interesting that if you search this site for subject titles using the terms "battery fell" or "battery fall" there are only TWO matches over the last 20 months. But in that same time frame I've seen well over 100 posts advocating these "battery clamps". It just doesn't add up. You'd expect many more reports if this happened regularly.

Several other incidents are reported by new (inexperienced) pilots who may have not properly locked the battery in place. Some of the incidents are just old posts using generation one batteries. Even the old design worked fine if inserted properly and removed carefully.

I think people are spending an excessive amount of time worrying about an exceedingly rare event. I'm not saying it doesn't happen -- just that it generates an exaggerated amount of concern.

Stay calm -- and fly on!
I agree with you. But however rare it is, the battery dropping out is literally fatal for the drone. I got this retainer for just 330JPY (about $3). Also it is light, easy to install and remove, just like putting on a seat-belt or helmet. ;)

I agree with you. But however rare it is, the battery dropping out is literally fatal for the drone. I got this retainer for just 330JPY (about $3). Also it is light, easy to install and remove, just like putting on a seat-belt or helmet. ;)

It never occurred to me to wear a seat belt or a helmet while I'm droning but if you say it's safer I'll give it a try :p

• Haha
Reactions: nilanjan118
Spark is a quick to fly, small sized, simple drone.

The only things we should have to fly it are, the drone itself (in a bag for safety, with additional batteries), the controller, and a smartphone.
That's all.

Stay calm -- and fly on!
This battery clamp saves a lot of problems just clips on and knowing the battery won't come detached puts your mind at ease. Regards Irvine (Portsmouth UK)1552407053645.jpeg1552407203732.jpeg

This battery clamp saves a lot of problems just clips on and knowing the battery won't come detached puts your mind at ease. Regards Irvine (Portsmouth UK)

If using a battery clip "puts your mind at ease" I suppose it's worthwhile for the placebo effect alone. The only harm is in perpetuating the myth that properly locked batteries commonly just fall out.

My peace of mind comes from careful maintenance, inspection and insertion of my batteries. They give a loud click and don't budge when seated and locked - just like a seatbelt - and mine are 20 months old.

Different strokes for different folks. Cheers

Reactions: Spark 317
I wear my tin foil hat for every flight and my battery has never fallen out. It works even better than a "battery clip". Lol

I find the non stick aluminum foil works best.

The frequencies just slide right off verses getting caught in the crinkle of the regular foil.?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex