Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

My very first flight

Yowza

Join
Jan 28, 2018
Well actually got to fly her today, location was a large indoor warehouse

I had it in beginner mode to start, did some take off,s and Landings to to get the feel of the sticks so to speak, then went on to some full length flights of the warehouse while turning ect.

Surprised how easy it was to control and actually fly the spark, and I have zero experience, all went well until it went close to the wall, and I tried to fly back away, but pressed forward doh !!! :(, crashed into the wall at slow speed, but no damage all is good, lesson learned turn on obstacle avoidance next time
loved it carnt wait to get outside and have more practice

Attachments

• DJI_0009.JPG
    DJI_0009.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 119
Dude, this is super sick! Where is this warehouse?
Its one of our spare warehouses in China, just thought it might be ok for some practise, as I never flown a drone before

Attachments

• DJI_0011.JPG
    DJI_0011.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 71
  • DJI_0010.JPG
    DJI_0010.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 70
Reactions: Sparkster
Wow) it’s better to practice outside. Spark is bad in indoors flying. Also, a lot of metal objects around and no gps and compass errors can happen) good luck :)

Wow) it’s better to practice outside. Spark is bad in indoors flying. Also, a lot of metal objects around and no gps and compass errors can happen) good luck :)

Why spark is bad in idoors flying? Do not blame the drone. It is perfect for flying indoors. It keeps position on optical sensor with high precision (but it depends on pattern of floor ad lightining conditions) it keeps also altitiude using infrared sensor. It is rock solid. No GPS warning? What do you need GPS for while flying i doors? It will use optical positioning and will just not let you fly higher without GPS position fix...

What SD card do you use? I'm looking into purchasing one but I'm not sure which one to get. And are you using an otg cable?

Why spark is bad in idoors flying? Do not blame the drone. It is perfect for flying indoors. It keeps position on optical sensor with high precision (but it depends on pattern of floor ad lightining conditions) it keeps also altitiude using infrared sensor. It is rock solid. No GPS warning? What do you need GPS for while flying i doors? It will use optical positioning and will just not let you fly higher without GPS position fix...
Mine was drifting towards the wall, luckily the spark was with propeller guards

Mine was drifting towards the wall, luckily the spark was with propeller guards
Mine drifted into the wall, (twice) and yes I had the prop guards on, it did not seem to respond to the RC not a lot I could do

Took mine out for the first time Into the Wild, mostly just flew it in the front and back yard no more than 50 to 60 feet up. Biggest issue I had was seeing the **** thing, the spark is so small and once you get it out there it's hard to see which direction you're facing.

Took mine out for the first time Into the Wild, mostly just flew it in the front and back yard no more than 50 to 60 feet up. Biggest issue I had was seeing the **** thing, the spark is so small and once you get it out there it's hard to see which direction you're facing.
That's true) I liked the idea of using two black propeller guards for the rear for example and two red guards for the front propellers but not sure if it is possible to see the difference in the sky)

That's true) I liked the idea of using two black propeller guards for the rear for example and two red guards for the front propellers but not sure if it is possible to see the difference in the sky)
I'm thinking flouresent orange. I need to work on my skills because, I think there is a pointer on the map thing that would point back to me.

Reactions: Victoria

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast