Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Nearly lost it at sea

Yowza

Join
Jan 28, 2018
I nearly lost mine last week, I was on vacation in the Philippines, we were at sea on a small boat, so I decided to try to take a short video where it tracks around the boat, launched it and did not realize the wind was as strong, within seconds it was nearly out of sight, I completely panicked, did not know which way it was flying, as I could hardly see the thing, then I checked the compass direction and turned it around and started to fly it back to the boat, it took ages for it to get back, but somehow managed to land it, with my brother grabbing it out the air, phew !!!!, I only bought it the week before the holiday, so count myself lucky, totally my fault, lesson learned.

flown it many times during the holiday after that with no problems at all, can not believe how good it is

Reactions: Dante' Watson
Wow,, that is lucky. You were on track to have a lost Spark, good thinking with checking compass direction. Did you try RTH?

You can do a RTH from a boat,, just set your RC as the home point. I sail and take my Spark with me..;)

Most likely this is an advanced maveuver and not so easy to know it in your first week of ownership. :)

No I did not try RTH, I thought try to fly it back was the best idea

Maybe kick in Sports Mode next time. It's much more effective in windy conditions.

Reactions: Hddeuce03
Most likely this is an advanced maveuver and not so easy to know it in your first week of ownership. :)

Maybe kick in Sports Mode next time. It's much more effective in windy conditions.
Wish I had thought of sports mode at the time

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar