Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

New DJI Spark Firmware to be Released Soon - OTG Officially Supported (v01.00.1000)

Wait till the release note are officially published by DJI so you know a little more what it will imply.
Currently there is a new firmware for Mavic Pro but it is clearly stated that you cannot downgrade that version!
Some lines above that statement they indicate "Increased aircraft data's security" where it can mean anything.
So for the Spark firmware update, some feedback would be good to decide to do or not, especially as the Spark is flying fine for me.

Is that the link to the new update for the spark
No, it will come when they release it for your country. So you will have to check from time to time as not eveybody get it at the same time.

What issues is this version regulating, related to otg?

I assume that it will work across all platforms of Android and iOS and be officially supported by DJI.

As I understand it, in the past, DJI never supported the cable with the Spark (except with the goggles?) due to a license issue with Apple?

Somebody plugged it in on a whim and whole can of worms was opened up.

It does work, doesn't work, kind of works, used to work, etc.

I asked DJI Support last weekend. Firmware 01.00.1000 will support OTG on Android, not iOS. Maybe iOS will be in the next firmware he said...

Reactions: Fiete
I'm sorry if I sound pessimistic. I'm not that exited about this... The only change (at least in the changelog) is that it will support something that already works? I wonder what are they going to break with this new firmware... My spark works great now (firmware 0900). It has to come with really good improvements to tempt me to upgrade. Hope i'ts not going to be a mandatory upgrade...

I wonder if the OTG cable really does give you more distance sadly my phone is not OTG compatible

As far as I know, (I may be wrong, excuse me if I am, perhaps someone can confirm this, but I'm 90% sure...) the OTG cable doesn't give you more distance. It improves the connection between your phone and your RC giving you more fluid image in your phone but doesn't give more range to the Spark.

Reactions: ..:Dude:..
As far as I know, (I may be wrong, excuse me if I am, perhaps someone can confirm this, but I'm 90% sure...) the OTG cable doesn't give you more distance. It improves the connection between your phone and your RC giving you more fluid image in your phone but doesn't give more range to the Spark.
Correct

I do not have scientific data to confirm, but disabling the radio waves from the cell may cause less noise in the connection between the Drone and the RC...
We were talking what OTG cable impact, so it is no really same subject.
In theory you are right, now in practice itdepend if that noise is visible by the link to RC in term of amplitude and frequency.
The key element is the bluetooth. The wifi is not generating signal (if you don't set it an access point), the cellular link is on a totally different frequency band.
The bluetooth is generating disturbance on all channels of 2.4G wifi band. It will affect the Spark at power up as it will have the tendency to select 5.8G instead of 2.4G because of Bluetooth.
During connection. It can also create hang and disturbance if the band for Spark-RC is 2.4G when the Spark is at some distance and its signal decrease at RC reception.
So with Spark, any Bluetooth device is your enemy, with OTG cable or not.

Isn't otg supported? I swear it was...I don't fly often but I did 2 weeks ago and I use otg with the current version on my note 8 and it worked normally.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme