Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

New firmware to fully integrate Spark with the DJI Goggles

Jeffrey Journey

Join
Jul 15, 2017
I wanted to create a separate thread specifically relating to the the latest firmware update that was added to fully integrate Spark with the DJI Goggles. There was not a lot of detail from DJI concerning this but the firmware verbiage eludes to matching the spark goggle compatibility to that of the Mavic...meaning you could possibility connect wirelessly instead of using the micro usb connector in the RC. I would however expect there to be a supporting goggle update as well...maybe via the DJI assistant 2 software? Any insight on this topic would be appreciated...Thanks...Jeff

the firmware verbiage eludes to matching the spark goggle compatibility to that of the Mavic...meaning you could possibility connect wirelessly instead of using the micro usb connector in the RC
The firmware release notes state nothing more than the following:
"Added support for DJI Goggles"

The DJI Goggles worked with the Spark prior to this new firmware update, so I'm not sure what was changed. They definitely aren't going to be able to work wirelessly since the Spark does not use Ocusync (like the Mavic does).

Reactions: Drones_ES_MD
Well, let's make the facts straight.

First, I don't think Spark will ever connect to the DJI Goggles wirelessly as it doesn't have the OccuSync support and I'm pretty sure it doesn't even have the hardware to do so.

Second, about yesterday's new firmware:
  • Nothing new has been added.
  • Many options/features have been removed when the Spark is connected to the Goggles. This is fine since the stuff removed is not supported by the Spark.
  • The gimbal still cannot be controlled by head movement.
  • The Goggles feature allowing to start recording a video or take a picture in the UI is still NOT working.
  • Catastrophically, the RC buttons to record video and to snap a photo are still NOT functional when the Goggles are connected. The only thing they do is change the image ratio within the Goggles. This makes the Spark/Goggles combination totally useless as you cannot even record anything.
In the end, I still hope a Goggles firmware is on its way in the very short term to address these issues.

Not sure why you are having some many issues. I can control the up and down movement of the camera on the Spark with my Goggles. I can start and stop the recordings from inside the Goggles or using the left button on the Remote Controller. This is all after updating the Goggles today :)

Not sure why you are having some many issues. I can control the up and down movement of the camera on the Spark with my Goggles. I can start and stop the recordings from inside the Goggles or using the left button on the Remote Controller. This is all after updating the Goggles today :)

Well, the key point here seems to be the Goggles update.

It was not available when the new Spark firmware was released. I will update and report ASAP.
Thanks for pointing.

Good news!

The new Goggles firmware actually fixes all remaining issues with the Spark.
We can now officially consider that the Goggles do have full Spark support.

The only minor issue I found is a regression with the sound level that seems to ignore the level defined in settings. Nothing show stopper.

Good job DJI.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar