Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

New firmware V01.00.0900

Hi guys - I am new to all of this. Spark is my first drone - just have a couple of days with it. I downloaded the latest updates. Dumb question - how do I see what version of firnware I have currently on my spark and also what version of DJI GO 4 I have on my phone. Thanks

Reactions: Sparkster
DJI will never support OTG for the Spark...if you want OTG, buy a Mavic or use an ipad...i am an Android user and I bought an iPad just for the Spark...it's fantastic I don't need OTG at all, it works fantastically on Wifi.

i am an Android user and I bought an iPad just for the Spark...it's fantastic I don't need OTG at all, it works fantastically on Wifi.

Yep, same here.

DJI will never support OTG for the Spark...if you want OTG, buy a Mavic or use an ipad...i am an Android user and I bought an iPad just for the Spark...it's fantastic I don't need OTG at all, it works fantastically on Wifi.

I wouldn't want to buy an iPad only because they disabled the OTG link. I hope my P9 gets it well with WiFi... tomorrow will be Judgement Day

Reactions: zayyarl
Just did the FW update and the GO4 v4.1.20 iOS update on my iOS 11.2.1 iPad Pro 10.5. The OTG connection still works, but I am getting great video with improved latency through the WIFI. I have not yet tested the range for improvement, but so far I like what I am seeing. I am hoping the rain lets up so I can test it.

I use a dedicated iPad Mini 2. With version 4 out, there are very good prices on earlier iPad minis versions on Eb@y.

When you upgrade the firmware, if there is a battery update, the one powering the spark gets updated automatically without telling you. After you update the Spark, other batteries will be miss-matched and the software will tell you.
Battery hub is for charging, not upgrading.

Reactions: Zoran and lasorey
IMHO, These updates that come out almost weekly ( if not daily) Indicate that the engineers are not properly testing their changes and expect their customers to be the guinea pigs. I could understand if the changes were to fix a safety issue, but come on. Test your work and come out with less frequent updates that actually are worth making.

Another update for anybody that cares. ;)

The new .0900 and GO4 4.1.20 on iPad Pro 10.5 (iOS 11.2.1) and using OTG is truly ROCK SOLID!

I just flew a good bit further than I was ever able to previously with my Spark, with rock solid video feed and hardly any RC signal loss the whole flight. Zero feed stutters and no strange events.

The Spark finally performed flawlessly as did the app and RC. Everything was shown on the flight screen including all telemetry and battery info. There is literally nothing missing/not working using OTG with this setup. I’m only seeing the video feed warning on the top-left of the screen, but that doesn’t bother me as I can see what flight mode I’m in from the top-middle of the screen, next to the GPS icon.

Next I will try without OTG and see if I get the same results on this setup.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis