Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

New firmware V01.00.0900

Another update for anybody that cares. ;)

The new .0900 and GO4 4.1.20 on iPad Pro 10.5 (iOS 11.2.1) and using OTG is truly ROCK SOLID!

I just flew a good bit further than I was ever able to previously with my Spark, with rock solid video feed and hardly any RC signal loss the whole flight. Zero feed stutters and no strange events.

The Spark finally performed flawlessly as did the app and RC. Everything was shown on the flight screen including all telemetry and battery info. There is literally nothing missing/not working using OTG with this setup. I’m only seeing the video feed warning on the top-left of the screen, but that doesn’t bother me as I can see what flight mode I’m in from the top-middle of the screen, next to the GPS icon.

Next I will try without OTG and see if I get the same results on this setup.
Is the setting of max altitude customizable or does it still stick to 50 meter?

Last edited:
Good News for you then, for me still the Same with altitude, cant get it changed. Your the first one i read with it working. Maybe because im on iPad mini2, thats the only difference between us

You can only customize in the USA and have a limit (over limit) of 500m (1640ft)
Something about EU Mode vs FCC mode I believe.

You can only customize in the USA and have a limit (over limit) of 500m (1640ft)
Something about EU Mode vs FCC mode I believe.

The limit here is 500 and can be switched to no limit within the app, in WiFi mode that is. So i dont see why that should be different via otg.

On my Spark I am getting the "Weak Transmission Signal" error. I did not update my wife's Spark and it is still on the 800 version with no issues. Makes me wonder just how much testing goes into these updates. I attached to my computer and downgraded the firmware and got the same error. It does not matter which firmware I downgrade to same result. Everything does work, but I should not have updated I think. I ended up updating to the latest firmware and taking this as a learning experience not to upgrade right away!

I would like to see a fix for the twitchings that occurs in the video recordings first and foremost. But i guess that can't be fixed by a firmware update?
I would also like to see a longer range than 100 meters before it starts to loose video connection when the remote is connected to phone by WiFi, and i guess OTG connection doesn't help anything for the distance?

And all these updates that doesn't bring anything really nice to the table, actually it is usually the other way around that it takes good things away or makes things functioning worse.

DJI will never support OTG for the Spark...if you want OTG, buy a Mavic or use an ipad...i am an Android user and I bought an iPad just for the Spark...it's fantastic I don't need OTG at all, it works fantastically on Wifi.
Ok, so I need buy and iPad which I don't want at all for use a product that say it works on Android, right?
I have and S8+ and the RC and it should be enough for use the Spark without lose connection all time.
I don't care if Apple invest in DJI and I would be happy if they say that their product doesn't really work on Android or, at least, that it work better under iOS.
Force CE in .18 and don't allow OTG (because it was working until then? Camon, I want my money back.

Reactions: zayyarl
DJI will never support OTG for the Spark...if you want OTG, buy a Mavic or use an ipad...i am an Android user and I bought an iPad just for the Spark...it's fantastic I don't need OTG at all, it works fantastically on Wifi.
First.. Are you kidding me?
Does DJI told you their products only intended for i devices users?
Dji will never support OTG for spark? You sure?
Do you have records how many still use 4.1.15 till now? All because of OTG issues made by 4.1.18.
Be realistic, if they don't really want to support OTG then they won't support from the start..
And Mavic and Spark got different species of product and aim different market.

Reactions: antnyp85
First.. Are you kidding me?
Does DJI told you their products only intended for i devices users?
Dji will never support OTG for spark? You sure?
Do you have records how many still use 4.1.15 till now? All because of OTG issues made by 4.1.18.
Be realistic, if they don't really want to support OTG then they won't support from the start..
And Mavic and Spark got different species of product and aim different market.

For me if dji doesnt improve before februari i Will return the Spark back to the store and claim my money back. Im forced to use it with iPad mini2 because on my Sony Z3 i keep losing connection. Even when the Z3 is on the list of supported devices. They charge premium prices without delivering premium goods nor services. Costumers are well protected here in the Netherlands, thats why i bought from local store So i dont have to deal with arrogant multinationals.

Reactions: zayyarl
I'm also seeing “weak image transmission” using the OTG cable on iPhone 6s Plus - but otherwise seems to work fine, I'm just ignoring the warning.

I'm also seeing “weak image transmission” using the OTG cable on iPhone 6s Plus - but otherwise seems to work fine, I'm just ignoring the warning.

You can fly normally and far away with no issues at all except that error will still be there saying weak transmission signal. So they improved the latency over wifi at the expense of functionality over the OTG cable. I guess this is supposed to somehow convince us to stick with wifi or keep seeing this message. My wife and I have the exact same setup on our Sparks. Only difference is I did not update her firmware so no weak transmission signal on her screen. I am curious about the release notes for this firmware to see what improvements there are besides wifi latency.

Ok, so I need buy and iPad which I don't want at all for use a product that say it works on Android, right?
I have and S8+ and the RC and it should be enough for use the Spark without lose connection all time.
I don't care if Apple invest in DJI and I would be happy if they say that their product doesn't really work on Android or, at least, that it work better under iOS.
Force CE in .18 and don't allow OTG (because it was working until then? Camon, I want my money back.
It's not as much about "Apple investing in DJI", it's more about the 50+ hardware platforms that Android OS could possibly run on. With Apple there are 2 (iPhone & iPad), thus from a developer perspective there are less variables to consider.

It's not as much about "Apple investing in DJI", it's more about the 50+ hardware platforms that Android OS could possibly run on. With Apple there are 2 (iPhone & iPad), thus from a developer perspective there are less variables to consider.
Really??
I'm developer.
I develop the first football club app in the world MyMadrid now Real Madrid App.
Then FC Barcelona official app and much more during 12 years. Even before iOS and Android.
You have right in part, bit and S8+ is a terminal they should support.

Really??
I'm developer.
I develop the first football club app in the world MyMadrid now Real Madrid App.
Then FC Barcelona official app and much more during 12 years. Even before iOS and Android.
You have right in part, bit and S8+ is a terminal they should support.
I was not referring to the actual stability of the Android OS. I was pointing out all (well over 50) hardware platforms that Android runs on. It's has to be a "nightmare" for a DJI hardware engineer to keep on top of all those various hardware platforms. I'm not a mobile app developer, but I do work as a developer within the ERP area. We also develop WMS systems using handhelds, but we opt to use Windows CE as our only platform.

No apparent reason, but it is. Like the rc button configuration that doesn't work when connected via OTG.
Hmm now I got it. I was wondering why the settings never stayed. But last night I did the update and left the cable. All the settings were saved. I could not figure out why they wouldn’t save. Now I know

I was not referring to the actual stability of the Android OS. I was pointing out all (well over 50) hardware platforms that Android runs on. It's has to be a "nightmare" for a DJI hardware engineer to keep on top of all those various hardware platforms. I'm not a mobile app developer, but I do work as a developer within the ERP area. We also develop WMS systems using handhelds, but we opt to use Windows CE as our only platform.
Trust me. It isn't a excuse.
It is possible that some issues arise for some terminals, but what they are doing is for all Android phones.
DJI is a company that don't listen the users. Like a Chinese company, they are just worried on their profits.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis