Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

New firmware?

Just updated the app. Looks like the firmware is .400 not .100 in the video. Not seeing the new gesture for recording video. I'm guessing that will require a firmware update to the spark.

Yeah I just I just did a TestFlight I can confirm there is no video recording gesture tool tip. I did see the 180° pano and distance measures for the quick shot modes.

Not that I saw, its just the DJI GO App for the Smart Device. When I started my Spark and Remote I received no message stating the Spark or Remote needed an update...
If we use the spark without a phone, just in gesture mode, how will the spark know of the new video recording feature? I always use a phone, but they marketed it as being able to fly without when you want a quick shot (and now video).

If we use the spark without a phone, just in gesture mode, how will the spark know of the new video recording feature? I always use a phone, but they marketed it as being able to fly without when you want a quick shot (and now video).
It won't until there's new firmware released. I expect it will happen fairly soon.

Yeah I just I just did a TestFlight I can confirm there is no video recording gesture tool tip. I did see the 180° pano and distance measures for the quick shot modes.
Same here. No video recording gesture in the tutorial. Also what did they mean by voice activated gestures?

From a video I saw, you hold your right arm at a 45 degree angle to your body. Meaning "half a Y".... I haven't tried it yet, but thats what I saw on a youtube video where this guy showed gesture mode on the DJI Go app

The newer version of the app works good. Not really anything new though. It says there's a gesture for video recording but it doesn't work. I've tested it extensively. Nothing. It does seem that all the other features have been improved though. Also the app seems more responsive.

Does anyone know when it will be in android play store?

PS. Hello from Poland, 2 days Spark owner lava red combo

If all these improvements actually work as advertised, this thing will be as awesome as I'd hoped. Upgrade completed. I'll give it a try tonight.

Reactions: OCNYBob
Have now updated new firmware (released today) and RC updated too. Bloomin' raining so can't test. Will hopefully try it soon.

Reactions: His415
Using OTG cable with new fw works on iOS, sadly the custom button assignments still get reset on power off.

What exactly does the 4K in gesture mode mean? Does that mean pictures taken will be higher resolution? If so why would it be mentioned as “4K” rather than 12MP?

....Does that mean pictures taken will be higher resolution? If so why would it be mentioned as “4K” rather than 12MP?
Not sure, but I just assumed it meant that "selfie" pictures would be at the highest res. possible.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Manzoorsp67