Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

New firmware?

Hey everybody, I've used a Galaxy Note since my first DJI Drone. A week ago I broke down and got an iPad mini 4 to use with them and today I did the update for my Spark with it. No problems with the update process. Tonight I got the update for Go 4 on my Note. I downloaded it to the phone. Will there be any issues if I connect the phone to an already updated RC and Aircraft? I still like using my android as I am just getting familiar with the Apple product.
Thanks, Rocky

Hey everybody, I've used a Galaxy Note since my first DJI Drone. A week ago I broke down and got an iPad mini 4 to use with them and today I did the update for my Spark with it. No problems with the update process. Tonight I got the update for Go 4 on my Note. I downloaded it to the phone. Will there be any issues if I connect the phone to an already updated RC and Aircraft? I still like using my android as I am just getting familiar with the Apple product.
Thanks, Rocky

No issues at all other than possibly some settings that you've changed previously may need to be checked.

Did all the updates but still no gimbal adjustment option. Haven't flown or tested anything else out yet.

Strangely, DJI withdrew Go4 4.1.4 from the UK Play Store after the weekend. I use either my phone (S7) or a 7" Android tablet with my Spark. I have 4.1.4 on my phone and 4.1.3 on my tablet (not updated yet). 4.1.4 has the gimbal speed ajustment whereas 4.1.3 does not. The updated Spark firmware mentions the gimbal speed adjustment but this will only work if you also have 4.1.4 Go4. If you haven't updated the Spark firmware to the latest, gimbal speed adjustment is still available if you're using Go4 4.1.4.

No issues at all other than possibly some settings that you've changed previously may need to be checked.
Thanks, I haven't flown the new update yet on either Note or iPad, but I will probably use the iPad first as it is the latest acquisition. Regards

Okay, well when everyone said they had to do all their batteries, I went back to the DJI Assistant and sure enough I had to do all my batteries AND as a matter of fact my remote was NOT updated. It had only updated my Spark....

So this is what I did wrong and how I corrected it. I made a mistake in that I did the upgrade the way I do it on my Mavic. The Spark is different apparently.

My mistake(s);
  • I only had the Spark powered on and connected to DJI Assistant.
  • When I did re-watch the DJI Firmware Upgrade video I saw I had to have the remote powered up. I powered it up BUT I had the OTG cable hooked to my Ipad and for whatever reason that does not show the remote needs a firmware update. I also fly with the OTG so never received a message. Apparently it won't.
  • I didn't change batteries and plug the Spark back into the DJI Assistant OR it I would have seen the message on DJI Assistant about the incompatible firmware and the battery update would have started when I hit the OK...
Also the remote update was odd. When I powered up the remote via Wifi and started up the DJI GO app, it finally said I needed to update the remote. It downloaded just fine but it said I needed to connect to the app to upgrade. Didn't say DJI GO app or DJI Assistant app. I plugged into the DJI Assistant app and nothing happened. Connected to the DJI GO App and restarted everything and the remote started the firmware upgrade. So interesting that you need to use a cable to the remote from the DJI GO App to perform the actual update...

So I think it is interesting that if you do the update WITH the OTG cable AND fly with the OTG cable you won't see the firmware upgrade messages regarding the batteries and remote. You will only update the Sparks' firmware...

I guess you are never too experienced or too old to not know what you are doing!

Wondering about this as well
Can confirm selfie pics are at 3968 x 2976. Was also able to start video recording after palm launch as well. It appears recording continues until palm landing occurs.

Can confirm selfie pics are at 3968 x 2976. Was also able to start video recording after palm launch as well. It appears recording continues until palm landing occurs.

Thats awesome on the selfie pics. So with the video recording after palm launch....the Spark launches from your hand and hovers....how did you enable video recording at that point...with the RC?

Thats awesome on the selfie pics. So with the video recording after palm launch....the Spark launches from your hand and hovers....how did you enable video recording at that point...with the RC?
No RC needed. Palm launch, give record gesture, go.

You can stop the recording with the same gesture.

I recorded my self doing it.

Reactions: Xtian1206
No RC needed. Palm launch, give record gesture, go.

Oh okay...I get it. So hand launch.....Spark hovers.....wave gesture (with left hand) to start video recording.....wave gesture (with right hand) to have Spark fly backwards and up for scendary video shot?

I was under the impression that the Spark needed to be up in the air before the gesture for video recording would work.

Oh okay...I get it. So hand launch.....Spark hovers.....wave gesture (with left hand) to start video recording.....wave gesture (with right hand) to have Spark fly backwards and up for scendary video shot?

I was under the impression that the Spark needed to be up in the air before the gesture for video recording would work.
Record gesture is a half-Y.

There's got to be an emoji for that

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe