Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

New Spark battery wont take a charge.

Tim32581

Join
Jul 19, 2017
So I just picked up my third battery and it wont take a second charge. The first charge went fine. Im familiar with the letting the batteries cool before charging. I run the battery down to about 60%, let it cool down overnight, and now it wont take a charge when i plug it in. Any ideas? I know the battery feels too tight when i go to install and remove it from the spark. Maybe a connection issue?

After only a discharge to 60% there are good chance it would charge just after 15 minutes.
Did the battery get any shock (like drop on hard floor) ? There is a rumor saying that it has a shock sensor in it, but I don't want to test if true or not.
If you fill it hard to install, I would carefully check the slides and contacts on the battery and the spark for dust or debris.

After only a discharge to 60% there are good chance it would charge just after 15 minutes.
Did the battery get any shock (like drop on hard floor) ? There is a rumor saying that it has a shock sensor in it, but I don't want to test if true or not.
If you fill it hard to install, I would carefully check the slides and contacts on the battery and the spark for dust or debris.
It wasnt dropped while in my possession. Not sure how it was handled at Best Buy before I bought it. Package was in good shape. The battery is getting a little easier to install and remove but it definitely is a little more snug. Im going to try it on the wall charger when i get home. Im hooked up to my PC at work right now and hoping that maybe its just this crappy computer.

So I just picked up my third battery and it wont take a second charge. The first charge went fine. Im familiar with the letting the batteries cool before charging. I run the battery down to about 60%, let it cool down overnight, and now it wont take a charge when i plug it in. Any ideas? I know the battery feels too tight when i go to install and remove it from the spark. Maybe a connection issue?
At 60% indicated the cells could rebound and the pack thinks it is at a higher charge than it is. These 'intelligent' batteries are everything but - in fact they are pathetic.
Turn the battery on first then connect it to the charger see if that helps.

At 60% indicated the cells could rebound and the pack thinks it is at a higher charge than it is. These 'intelligent' batteries are everything but - in fact they are pathetic.
Turn the battery on first then connect it to the charger see if that helps.
I thought the same thing and already tried that. I also refreshed the firmware on the battery and that didnt help either. Might just be a bad battery.

This thing should charge through a PC USB... correct? I know the controller does.

It will only charge from a designated charger though due to the high power requirements. Has to have the data pins connected as charger, PC won't work.

It will only charge from a designated charger though due to the high power requirements. Has to have the data pins connected as charger, PC won't work.
It will charge if it's mounted on the Spark though and you plug in a micro USB into the port and a standard USB charger in 2amps or more. (that's what I meant when I said USB source)

Well, after trying it with a USB charger and the wall charger everything seems fine. I could have sworn I charged my batteries with this computer before. Maybe I just charged the remote. Anyways, all is well now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar