Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

New Spark in Nor-Cal

cxwrench

Nor Cal new pilot
Join
Mar 5, 2019
Hi everyone. Got my Spark (FMC, red) a couple weeks ago and I've been flying it and soaking up info wherever I can. It's an amazing little piece of technology, I can't believe I waited this long to get one. Look forward to getting to know the folks on this forum!

wpKo9Vvh.jpg

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to this great forum. Jeff from Minnesota.

Last edited:
Hi cxwrench from Spokane, WA, USA! Can I expect to see some pics and vids of flowing mud or is that only farther south?

Hi cxwrench from Spokane, WA, USA! Can I expect to see some pics and vids of flowing mud or is that only farther south?
The mudslides are a little north of me, up in Sonoma County. I do live right above the creek in San Anselmo that has flooded a couple times in the last 20 or so years. Every time it rains hard the TV news crews are everywhere waiting for more carnage. I'll try to get some video of the creek on Friday...should stop raining by then.

Welcome to the forum. You chose the perfect colour for the Spark. I fly a meadow green Spark and when I take a quick turn, it sometimes goes invisible. ;)

Reactions: cxwrench
Hello from the Hoosier Heartland, cxwrench.

Congratulations on the Spark purchase.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Welcome to the forum
These guys have the knowledge when it comes to DJI SPARK
Have fun & congrats

Welcome to this super forum. Everyone seems to know where you are except me on the other side of the pond but as soon as you said Sonoma I got you. Presume Arizona? We visited many years ago and met Colin Powell in the hotel!! Mad facts abound here too. Have fun with that red racer.

Welcome to this super forum. Everyone seems to know where you are except me on the other side of the pond but as soon as you said Sonoma I got you. Presume Arizona? We visited many years ago and met Colin Powell in the hotel!! Mad facts abound here too. Have fun with that red racer.
Northern CA, about 10 miles north of the Golden Gate Bridge. I'm about 25ish miles south-west of Sonoma and the wine country. You're probably thinking of the Sonoran desert which covers parts of southern CA and southern AZ. The car is super fun, thanks! Where are you in the UK?

Doh! Yes totally off-beam with my Sonoma-apologies. I’m a very amateur wine buff and got confused with my Sonoran and Sonoma-how could I get it so wrong? I’m in Bristol in SW England.

Hi everyone. Got my Spark (FMC, red) a couple weeks ago and I've been flying it and soaking up info wherever I can. It's an amazing little piece of technology, I can't believe I waited this long to get one. Look forward to getting to know the folks on this forum!

wpKo9Vvh.jpg

Do think a small tablet like a mini4 will fit or too tight?

Thanks.

Do think a small tablet like a mini4 will fit or too tight?

Thanks.
I'll check the size of that slot when I get home tonight and let you know...it might not be big enough as it is but it's super easy to cut the foam. I took a little more foam out of the spot where the camera/gimbal go just so it wouldn't get bumped.

I don't think it will fit the slot.
I was thinking behind the top foam, but it's probably glued in place.

And it's probably too thick to lay on top of the Spark.

I'm in the market to upgrade to a case and like the color, but needs to be functional.

I prefer to fly with a mini4 but I have two Droids that I fly with too.

Thanks again.

I tried to use my Mini-4 in the RC arms and it would work but I always had to remove the Mini-4 case that I had it in. Didn't want to keep doing that (I use it for other things) so I ended up getting a Skyreat holder from Amazon. I am really happy with it. It holds the Mini4 centered above the RC so it has a nice balance.

Skyreat.jpg

I'll check the size of that slot when I get home tonight and let you know...it might not be big enough as it is but it's super easy to cut the foam. I took a little more foam out of the spot where the camera/gimbal go just so it wouldn't get bumped.

Just wanted to Thank You for posting your Nanuk 905 case.

I ended up purchasing the Nanuk 915 fly more case.

The only bummer is they didn't have it in the green so I got the orange one instead. It was the cheapest and since I purchased it, the prices are up and down daily on all of the other colors.

I velcroed my mini4 in the lid along with my Polar Pro filters behind the foam.

I slightly modified the foam and have storage for the nine batteries, tablet holder, and sun hood for the tablet.

I have a separate case for the charger and portable power pack if needed for remote missions.

I added a shoulder strap making it even easier to carry.

I'm a fan of flying with the prop guards and this case is perfect.

Thanks again. ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast