Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

New Spark - locations in Norfolk, UK?

dkingdom

Join
Jan 15, 2018
Hi all,

I've had my Spark for around a week and am generally over the moon with it, it's pretty much the flymore combo but sourced separately to crank the price down further.

In the first week I flew it twice indoors with hand gestures, advice....DON'T BOTHER. It scraped my other halfs ceiling for around 20 secs and I now have to repaint for her. Not to mention getting a set of scuffed blades!

Once the DJI remote arrived I got to fly it properly which was great, the weather hasn't been great so everything is a bit grey so far but I'm really impressed with the camera and the HD footage. We have a Mavic at work and like I've heard in a lot of online reviews the 4K footage can be "over sharp" so I'm happy with the HD result from this cheaper model.

First couple of flights have been very tentative and I'm now looking for some good aerial locations in and around Norwich, Norfolk UK to take photos and footage, hence my post on here.

Here's a clip of me chasing a train in Sport mode from the local park (hence the jerky course corrections). As I'm not directly over the train but in a sparsely populated park it's my understanding that there's nothing illegal about this flight :)

Happy to be corrected though

best

Dave

Reactions: amir
Welcome...and indoor gesture mode = failure

Reactions: dkingdom
Well Hello.

Just bought my Spark- very pleased with it but a little nervous.
Just one issue. It doesn't have POI and so very difficult to fly round a building, say a church tower and get good footage.

Any ideas?

Well Hello.

Just bought my Spark- very pleased with it but a little nervous.
Just one issue. It doesn't have POI and so very difficult to fly round a building, say a church tower and get good footage.

Any ideas?

Try using circle in quick shots, or follow, and use the rotate feature.

If you go into active track (p19 of the manual), there’s an option on the screen in Go4 to rotate the Spark either clock wise or anti clockwise around your chosen subject.

Thanks for your help. I have looked at Page 19 of manual V1.6 and cannot find your reference.

Guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks

Thanks for your help. I have looked at Page 19 of manual V1.6 and cannot find your reference.

Guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sorry, but I don’t know how to be any clearer. Go into active track. Choose the target. Press go. Use the in screen icons to orbit the target.

Hi all,

I've had my Spark for around a week and am generally over the moon with it, it's pretty much the flymore combo but sourced separately to crank the price down further.

In the first week I flew it twice indoors with hand gestures, advice....DON'T BOTHER. It scraped my other halfs ceiling for around 20 secs and I now have to repaint for her. Not to mention getting a set of scuffed blades!

Once the DJI remote arrived I got to fly it properly which was great, the weather hasn't been great so everything is a bit grey so far but I'm really impressed with the camera and the HD footage. We have a Mavic at work and like I've heard in a lot of online reviews the 4K footage can be "over sharp" so I'm happy with the HD result from this cheaper model.

First couple of flights have been very tentative and I'm now looking for some good aerial locations in and around Norwich, Norfolk UK to take photos and footage, hence my post on here.

Here's a clip of me chasing a train in Sport mode from the local park (hence the jerky course corrections). As I'm not directly over the train but in a sparsely populated park it's my understanding that there's nothing illegal about this flight :)

best

Dave
Gonna have to be my next flight with the train! I live on the Norfolk, Suffolk border, Diss, and have had my drone for about 2 months now but yet too get anything other than fields and scenic photos... screen_4ff583b44655f4d6_1519717145000.jpg

Reactions: Aerial FX and Rafa7
Gonna have to be my next flight with the train! I live on the Norfolk, Suffolk border, Diss, and have had my drone for about 2 months now but yet too get anything other than fields and scenic photos... View attachment 3777

Welcome @HighFlyer84 to the forum.
Nice picture, that's high up there. Fly safe.

Reactions: HighFlyer84
Also near Norwich. Not got my Spark yet. Waiting for next lot of deals (just missed the Christmas ones). Will be watching this thread to check for sites.

Hi all,

best

Dave
Hi Dave, I'm in Suffolk and only had my Spark a fortnight. Are you able to get any shots of the castle, isn't there public parks around/adjacent to it?
Also, you've got some great coastline not too far away, I remember from many years ago, several places between Sheringham and Happisburgh being quite scenic and quiet.

In regards to your clip, how far away did you manage to fly from your position/Home Point after the train? I've only been flying rural so far but wouldn't expect (read be afraid) it to go too far in built up areas...

Happy flying!

North Norfolk coast is beautiful. Especially from Cromer to Brancaster. Wells beach and Holkham hall are wonderful.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme