Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

New Spark owner with a few questions :)

WillSparky

Join
Jun 18, 2017
I got my FlyMore Spark yesterday, in anticipation I've read the manual twice and watched all the tutorials (and more) several twice. I did flew a bit yesterday as well and it was fun!
I do have a couple questions I fell experienced pilots might be able to help with ;)

First, how does the drone handle a sudden change of elevation. For example if launching on top a building a or a cliff and flying past the edge.

The first time I did a "dronie" quickshot, a slider appeared at the bottom of the screen for the distance to fly back and away, (I think). Now it no longer appear and i can't find it in the settings, where is it?

On the WiFi screen, I've seen screenshots where you can select between 2.4 and 5 band, on mine it's only showing 2.4. I am in the US using the controller. Is that normal ?

Finally, is Palm Landing supposed to work all the time or only in gesture mode?

Thanks to anyone willing to help!

how does the drone handle a sudden change of elevation. For example if launching on top a building a or a cliff and flying past the edge.
The Spark will treat that scenario just like when you fly over level ground since it's not aware of the ground.

On the WiFi screen, I've seen screenshots where you can select between 2.4 and 5 band, on mine it's only showing 2.4. I am in the US using the controller. Is that normal ?
You'll only be able to select the channel if your mobile device is connected to the remote controller via Wi-Fi (and not an OTG adapter).

DJI-GO-WiFi-Channel-Selection.jpg

is Palm Landing supposed to work all the time or only in gesture mode?
Palm landing will only work if you have Advanced Gesture Control enabled. If that's disabled, you could still land on your palm (like you land on the ground) or hand catch your Spark and hold the throttle down until the motors stop.

DJI-GO-Enable-Advanced-Gesture-Control.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Kiteboy
The Spark will treat that scenario just like when you fly over level ground since it's not aware of the ground.

You'll only be able to select the channel if your mobile device is connected to the remote controller via Wi-Fi (and not an OTG adapter).

View attachment 162

Palm landing will only work if you have Advanced Gesture Control enabled. If that's disabled, you could still land on your palm (like you land on the ground) or hand catch your Spark and hold the throttle down until the motors stop.

View attachment 161

you can tilt the spark sideways and the motors will shut down

Thanks! I found out it will palm land if I select "gesture" as the flight mode which is fair enough.

View attachment 162

View attachment 161

If any one is wondering, I did find the slider for the Dronie fly away distance setting. It appear is you long press the "Dronie" icon once that mode has been activated.

In my case it deposit work anyway and Spark just flys back for ever until I stop it.

If any one is wondering, I did find the slider for the Dronie fly away distance setting. It appear is you long press the "Dronie" icon once that mode has been activated.

In my case it deposit work anyway and Spark just flys back for ever until I stop it.
Will only give you distance or height also? Some people were disappointed that it wasn't going high enough.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme