Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

NLD 1.0.900 NFZ update

icenight

Join
Aug 9, 2018
I just received my drone the other day and was trying to apply the removal of NFZ. I updated my spark to 1.0.900 the latest firmware on the NLD app and when i'm trying to run the patch to remove the NFZ nothing seems to happen. I see the patch getting downloaded and installed 1/2 then 2/2. The DJI assistance closes and reopens and theres a popup on the NLD app stating the bird needs to restart 3x and to reopen NLD after that. Well nothing happens and the drone just sits there, any ideas?

I had the same thing happen to mine. Don't know what the deal is. My battery ended up going completely dead while I waited for things to happen. I took it the computer and went to a known NFZ, I got a warning, but I was able to start the motors while there.

I ended up rolling back to 1.0.0300 From what I had seen it was a stable release of the firmware. Please if I am wrong someone please correct me.

I have a spark that was updated to .1000 firmware recently, I downgraded to .0900, I purchased an authorization key to apply the NFZ mod to my spark but the .0900 firmware with the NFZ patch does not work even though there birdmap claims it does, I have gone back and forth with their customer support for 4 days now and no matter how I try the .0900 and NFZ patch it will not work, my belief is that at any time once the bird is updated to .1000, DJI installs a fix to prevent the NFZ mod from working, I say this because the rep from NLD support claims im the only person that is reporting this issue, I have attempted 8 downgrades of firmware and NFZ patches with both the stock app and NLD GO app I have cleared my phones cache and deleted the DJI folder from the android directory, nothing is working with .0900 firmware. I think DJI is already a step ahead word of advice, do not upgrade to .1000 firmware.

Attachments

• birdmap.jpg
    birdmap.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
I just want to add that Quad808 from NLD support who was going back and forth answering my questions, was very helpful and I personally don't blame him for the current issue because it would've been difficult to know that upgrading to .1000 would affect future downgrades to .0900 firmware.

confirmed:

forgot to go into airplane mode, drone locked, FW updated to .1000 and now the .0900 fix no longer works.

I can still get around in 1.0.0300 when the Temp NFZs pop up in my area. Hopefully NLD will ad .1000 with the fix.

confirmed:

forgot to go into airplane mode, drone locked, FW updated to .1000 and now the .0900 fix no longer works.

I can still get around in 1.0.0300 when the Temp NFZs pop up in my area. Hopefully NLD will ad .1000 with the fix.

You can use NLD windows app to unlock a firmware .0300 Spark, but I haven't tried it with the .0900 firmware, UNLOCK is in the FLIGHT CONTROLLER section of the program.

I managed to roll back to 0.0900 with mine.

Rolling back firmware on the bird and RC is not an issue, the real "ISSUE" is will the NFZ patch for for others on .0900 firmware, it did not work for me and NLD is telling me their developer has tested it on their bird and it does work so mine must be the problem? maybe it is maybe it isn't, also on their app they mention due to the nature of the patch, it does work with the DJI GO stock app which that didn't work for me either, can someone confirm these 2 methods for me, the NLD NFZ patch seems to only work on firmware .0300.....that's the only confirmation I have been able to make with the NLD GO app 4.1.22....

Rolling back firmware on the bird and RC is not an issue, the real "ISSUE" is will the NFZ patch for for others on .0900 firmware, it did not work for me and NLD is telling me their developer has tested it on their bird and it does work so mine must be the problem? maybe it is maybe it isn't, also on their app they mention due to the nature of the patch, it does work with the DJI GO stock app which that didn't work for me either, can someone confirm these 2 methods for me, the NLD NFZ patch seems to only work on firmware .0300.....that's the only confirmation I have been able to make with the NLD GO app 4.1.22....
I rolled back to 0.300 then back up to 0.0900. NFV with NLD has worked flawlessly for me.

Currently using both NLD GO 4 and DJI GO 4 MOD. Seems to be working very well.
If I may bud in here, I am a new member and am very interested in the thread above. I have recently bought into the drone world with my spark. I have been very frustrated with NLD where it comes to the app. I’m having issues patching the go app. I got all the way to the user name and password login of the patched app, however I received a message at the top saying “ this is a parched app and the fact I wasted my money “. I had airplane mode on and all other go4 wiped from the “android” device. Has anyone else had this problem?
Any help would be great. Thank you everyone

If I may bud in here, I am a new member and am very interested in the thread above. I have recently bought into the drone world with my spark. I have been very frustrated with NLD where it comes to the app. I’m having issues patching the go app. I got all the way to the user name and password login of the patched app, however I received a message at the top saying “ this is a parched app and the fact I wasted my money “. I had airplane mode on and all other go4 wiped from the “android” device. Has anyone else had this problem?
Any help would be great. Thank you everyone
Have you contacted nolimitdronez support?
They answered me in 3 days, and was really helpful.

Yes I have, and they answered me in a timely fashion as well. However they told me to follow the link in the signature section. I did as he asked, but it really did not answer my question on the message on my device. In addition, when I go to do the fake login it see's that there is no internet connection and will not go any further. I wipe the android phone, and have airplane mode selected before I uploaded the patched "clean" go4 app from the PC. I have to be doing something wrong.
I have never patched an app before and the video's do not make it very clear. Is a "clean" version a version that hasn't been messed with, just downloaded, never installed? And by the looks of it V4.1.14. is the one I need. But can't download it, I can download .22 but not .14. I know i'm throwing a lot of questions out there, please bear with me. The last question is do I need to do anything to the R.C. other than connect it to the phones wifi.
thank you all !!

I had a problem with windows10 unsigned driver, solved that.
I have'nt been running nld for a while, I go for modded 4.1.15 found on this forum.
I did'nt had any problems patching, and tried out the extreme settings, sure.
But have no need for NFZ or height stuff. I see HERE map is back, maybe time for tryout again.

BTW, here are links to older versions ("clean") of GO4 app: DJI GO 4-For drones since P4 APKs - APKMirror

Thank you very much for your input. I am using windows 10 but have another with 7 ultimate. I will try that and thanks again for the links. Will post my result. For me, I must live in a massive nfz bubble. No matter where I go it locks itself. I haven’t even had one flight yet. Fingers crossed

Tried patching today, everything went smooth.
Choose 4.1.14...set output folder...hit download.
When downloading, w10 scan for Security for some time. Be sure to wait until system "release" the file in your download folder.
After download, browse to the downloaded file.
Hit "Apply patch"..
(obviously your spark (powered on) has been connected to the computer all this time for nld verification)

Move patched apk to a cloud-service where you can reach it from your Device.

I also discovered why I abandoned nld, I get an "Access violation in nldapp.exe" when entering the Flight Controller in nld program.

This error started when they incorporated DJI Assistant in the program a couple of months ago.
I prob need to go oldschool and download the old nld program and old dji assistant...to get that to work.

I can of course share my patched apk in a PM if you struggle...

Good Luck and update your progress..

Last edited:
Rereflash 900 firmware and reboot
Take the clean unmodified link from the NLD home page/blog and download the link to a desktop folder labeled NLD clean. Create a second desktop folder labeled NLD mod to drop your mod apk once finished.
Before you disconnect your drone make sure NLD is terminated before removing Drone.
Noe you can connect what ever Android device in airplane mode to the PC to drag and drop the file into the main storage of the phone/tablet not the SD. Do not disconnect until it is fully installed and opened once without internet to sign in with lower case (a) for user and lower case (b) for sign in. Do not have () around the letters just the lower case letter for both user and password.
Once in Select your drone and reboot again.
Once reboot is done open internet connection start NLD go and download the latest offline map for your area from the tab on the upper right side of the app homepage.
After download is complete, put the phone /tablet back in airplane mode reboot once more keeping it in airplane mode.
Start RC first, then drone wait for the green light on RC then plug non otg side into the phone or tablet then to the rc with the OTG side. It will prompt you to open the NLD GO say yes.
At this point all you should have to do is change the settings for RTH height to 30 and 500 for max height turn off the record to phone, make sure you are getting signal with cam and flight sat info to device. If you are take off and hover for a few minutes to test.
If all goes well with that, land turn both the rc and drone off and unplug the cables from both sides.
Restart the rc and then turn on the drone once again wait until they both sinc with green light on the rc, plug it into the phone /tablet first (KEEP in airplane MODE)
First the plug into the phone/tablet with non otg side then RC with the otg side. It will once again prompt you to select NLD GO. Select it.. But Waite for the map to generate, double check all sensors, make sure to have enough stats locked in, establish a solid home point, start recording and take off.
If this does not work, I'm sorry.
You tube and Google can take it from here.
Good luck

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast