Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

No map

Leemi

Join
Oct 3, 2017
Hi always been a iOS user never had problem with spark until I thought I’d try a android phone for first time to be honest it was a cheap Xiaomi redme note 4 didn’t want to waste to much money incase I can’t take to android.

Anyway problem I have is with the dji go 4 app works ok just not getting any map displayed in corner just a white box, I have done a factory reset on phone still no luck. Reinstalled app loads of times, download google maps any ideas.

Do you have an RC (remote controller) ? Direct phone connection do not show maps by design.
There is also the need to download in advance the off-line maps.

My guess is that you bought a cheap phone and didn’t put on it a 4g connection. Therefore, when the wifi is connected to the remote, the app will not have access to the internet and thus no maps.

My guess is that you bought a cheap phone and didn’t put on it a 4g connection. Therefore, when the wifi is connected to the remote, the app will not have access to the internet and thus no maps.
What phone do you have to get wifi and cellular data link at same time?

What phone do you have to get wifi and cellular data link at same time?

-Iphone does it automatically if you have “Wi-Fi Assist” on in the ‘Cellular Settings’ (its on by default).
-Android is as always fragmented, so there is not one universal way, but its possible on most androids too. In some instances you have to go into the settings and specify that sparkrcwifi does not give internet. In other instances its a universal setting like with iOS that makes the phone use 4g whenever a current wifi connection is not providing internet.

Without this setting, live broadcasting wouldn’t work.

Hi I have the same phone as you I shall mi redmi note 4x + I am very pleased with its performance using DJI go 4 there are some things though that may be a reason for you not having Maps check very carefully that you haven't got any switches selecting China mainland maps in the settings area also can you easily get Google Maps online? . Have you got the international version of the user interface?
There are different versions of this phone on sale for different markets if bought from eBay make sure it is correct for you. Mine works well in the UK.

Hi still have deslected Chinese mainland, what I have noticed when in the DJI go app if I switch off the RC in app Google maps then appears to work switch RC back on stops working again.

Hi still have deslected Chinese mainland, what I have noticed when in the DJI go app if I switch off the RC in app Google maps then appears to work switch RC back on stops working again.
Yes, thats because when you kill the RC, your phone drops connection to the sparkrcwifi, and is getting access to internet again (either from another wifi, or from 4g).
Nothing is wrong with your spark or phone, everything functioning normally (which granted, is not ideal). You just need to figure out the connection settings on your phone.

-Iphone does it automatically if you have “Wi-Fi Assist” on in the ‘Cellular Settings’ (its on by default).
-Android is as always fragmented, so there is not one universal way, but its possible on most androids too. In some instances you have to go into the settings and specify that sparkrcwifi does not give internet. In other instances its a universal setting like with iOS that makes the phone use 4g whenever a current wifi connection is not providing internet.

Without this setting, live broadcasting wouldn’t work.
Don't sounds so easy even with a not so cheap Samsung S8. I didn't see any settings that would give me any hope it is possible. Tried to use fix ip as some suggest but it didn't work. Sounds like only OTG cable can provide satellites maps or live streaming with my phone.
Still searching for a solution without rooting the phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar