Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Not removing battery to aircraft for storage

Join
Oct 20, 2018
Hi spark pilots.. im just wondering if it is ok or advisable that i will store my drone without removing the battery from my aircraft..
Because i have 3 batteries and i dont have extra space on my spark foam box for my 3rd battery.. unless mounted on my spark

Attachments

• 20181109_185433.jpg
    20181109_185433.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 47
Reactions: windryder
Hi spark pilots.. im just wondering if it is ok or advisable that i will store my drone without removing the battery from my aircraft..
Because i have 3 batteries and i dont have extra space on my spark foam box for my 3rd battery.. unless mounted on my spark
When you receive The drone at The store the batt was attach to drone, so i think it's ok

Reactions: ivennevermind93
It should be fine.

It will start to self discharge like the others in about 10 days and slowly discharge as the batteries don't like to be fully charged when stored.

The batteries may get warm as they discharge and is normal.

By pressing the battery button to check the charge you reset the 10 day timer and they won't start discharging again until that time has passed.

Check the batteries about once a month and when the charge gets to 1 LED, charge them up to the third LED and let the battery sit again.

If the battery goes completely dead, it may not come back to life as it needs a little power for the chip inside to monitor the intelligent battery.

Check out pages 27 & 28 of the user manual.

It should be fine.

It will start to self discharge like the others in about 10 days and slowly discharge as the batteries don't like to be fully charged when stored.

The batteries may get warm as they discharge and is normal.

By pressing the battery button to check the charge you reset the 10 day timer and they won't start discharging again until that time has passed.

Check the batteries about once a month and when the charge gets to 1 LED, charge them up to the third LED and let the battery sit again.

If the battery goes completely dead, it may not come back to life as it needs a little power for the chip inside to monitor the intelligent battery.

Check out pages 27 & 28 of the user manual.

Thank you so from now on im not worrying about the batt attachment to my drone for storage

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariadef