Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Old wooden bridge in my town.

Epoweredrc

Join
Jan 14, 2019
So the railroad is trying to tear down a old wooden bridge that has been in my town since 1940, I'm not from this town my parents moved here 13 years ago, but to the locals who grew up it means something, we have a town facebook and i made this video with my DJI spark for the locals, everyone has enjoyed the video and pictures. This is in Buchanan GA.

Unfortunately, that's progress for you.

Good to see a train that still runs on a single line.

In my town we had two lines that ran North/South and East/West, both are gone.
"Rails to Trails" they call it.

I guess it's nice in the long run, but I sure miss hearing the train whistle off in the distance.

Funny thing is, there's talk of a commuter rail line along the trail in the future.

Go figure.:rolleyes:

Unfortunately, that's progress for you.

Good to see a train that still runs on a single line.

In my town we had two lines that ran North/South and East/West, both are gone.
"Rails to Trails" they call it.

I guess it's nice in the long run, but I sure miss hearing the train whistle off in the distance.

Funny thing is, there's talk of a commuter rail line along the trail in the future.

Go figure.:rolleyes:
That is what everyone keeps saying about progress, I should had said, the reason they want it down is they want to run double cars, and its not tall enough. someone said the city sold the bridge to the RR so they do what they want with it, but im guessing its just going to leave a hole in the middle of a road.. Its right in front of the Elm. school.lots of folks walk that bridge everyday, well till a week ago when they said its closed.

Reactions: kigu

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar