Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Opened new Spark this past afternoon and updated firmware.....

MedicineMan4004

Join
Aug 23, 2017
Loc
upper east TN
Just received my Spark yesterday afternoon, went through the whole process (and flew tonight). The firmware update I just did, is that the 'big one' everyone is posting about?
I too am leaving on a big trip in 7 days and will have scant internet service....the trip is 23 days long....I bet the big one hasn't been released yet and the firmware I updated to is just an interim.
Thoughts?

Just received my Spark yesterday afternoon, went through the whole process (and flew tonight). The firmware update I just did, is that the 'big one' everyone is posting about?
I too am leaving on a big trip in 7 days and will have scant internet service....the trip is 23 days long....I bet the big one hasn't been released yet and the firmware I updated to is just an interim.
Thoughts?
Check and compare firmware version numbers in the About menu of the Spark. In the camera view.

I am not sure how you can force it but also check that it has updated the No Fly Zone (NFZ) data. After the update my Spark was limited claiming it was in a NFZ all of a sudden. After messing about the App suddenly prompted me that the NFZ data needed updating which I did and it seems ok again. As I say, not sure how you do this but it would be disappointing to go away and have it bleating about not flying.

A bit of help with the battery update please.
I swapped batteries and I connect to the Spark, Spark tells me I can't fly because I need battery firmware update BUT I never get the pop up box to update the firmware ??
I might need an exact step by step if someone might.

When you updated the aircraft the battery update was done to the battery in use at the time. It seems it is a portion of the overall update. You need to restart RC and AC (power off - power on) after installing Non-updated battery(ies). You also need to clean start the Go4 app (close out completely then restart app). At the Go4 splash screen with -Enter Device- >you will be prompted to updated the battery(ies).

When you restart the app is the most reliable way to have Go4 check versions and be prompted to update.

At the splash screen that has 'Go Fly' on it?
On that screen no prompting to update the batteries.
Of course when I tap Go Fly I next get the message Cannot take off due to battery firmware......
And yes I shut down the aircraft, the controller and did a hard boot of the phone then launched Go4.
This can't be this hard but it is :(

IMG_1153.PNG You should be prompted from this screen.
In the upper section between the menu button and the image of the Spark. If you are not being prompted to update the battery totally close out the app and then restart it fresh and wait. I suppose this is the aircraft selection screen.

Oh yes I know that section well because every time I open the Go4 app the message about the big firmware update shows up there and I get to say ignore or I know it but
never the battery update.
So I have 3 batteries currently, 1 of which will work. How sad is that ;)
Seriously I bet this will be one of those 1-2 hour long phone calls to DJI.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme