Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

OTG Cable - Needed Now?

amwilber

Join
Jan 6, 2019
Can anyone tell me if the OTG cable is necessary with the Spark? I saw posts from 2017 but wasn't sure if this was needed or worked in the 2019 year!

Any recommendations would be great!

Can anyone tell me if the OTG cable is necessary with the Spark? I saw posts from 2017 but wasn't sure if this was needed or worked in the 2019 year!

No harm in trying one. It gets rid of that WiFi connection so one less thing to get interference from.

I used the WiFi connection stood in a middle of a business park and it was horrible to impossible to fly my spark, then I connected my otg cable and it was so much better.
If I am flying in the countryside where there's absolutely no other WiFi I just use the WiFi on the RC and fly, if I'm stood where there's loads of other WiFi networks then I use my otg cable.

I used the WiFi connection stood in a middle of a business park and it was horrible to impossible to fly my spark, then I connected my otg cable and it was so much better.
If I am flying in the countryside where there's absolutely no other WiFi I just use the WiFi on the RC and fly, if I'm stood where there's loads of other WiFi networks then I use my otg cable.

Thanks for the help!

Was there a specific OTG cable people found that worked better than others?

Highly recommend to look for one at 90° angle
at the USB-C connector.
To avoid the phone or tablet adapter to push on
the USB-C connector.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme