Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

OTG issues

tvon

Join
Nov 26, 2017
Just got a new Galaxy s9, had to get a new usb C cable. Loaded all new apps, including latest DJI GO. Tested out the drone, worked fine without OTG on android DJI GO 4.3.0. When i plug my OTG cable in after booting up, the wireless connection drops and the app simply says "RC disconnected". It wont work again until I unplug and find the RC wireless. Is this a new version issue or something else?

Last edited:
Hi, I have had problems with my galaxy tablets with otg cable. I cant quote version numbers but they definately have an influence. I actually have an older tab a that works fine.

Just got a new Galaxy s9, had to get a new usb C cable. Loaded all new apps, including latest DJI GO. Tested out the drone, worked fine without OTG on android 4.3.0. When i plug my OTG cable in after booting up, the wireless connection drops and the app simply says "RC disconnected". It wont work again until I unplug and find the RC wireless. Is this a new version issue or something else?
I thought OTG was no longer supported after recent DJI update. I have never used a cable, never had any connection problems. Iphone8 with controller

Might be "When i plug my OTG cable in after booting up...."
I plug the OTG into the RC and use USB cable that came with the Spark into my phone.
I start the RC then the Spark. When my phone detects the RC the GO4 app opens by itself.
(I had answered a popup in my phone the first time it hooked up allowing this)

I also used an app called 'OTG?' to see if my phone was up to it.
First phone was missing hardware.
Got a burn phone on sale that should have worked, it had the hardware but was lacking a USB host. Found an app for that but when all apps were loaded I was out of memory and could not move apps to the SD card.

Picked up another burn phone, an LG this time. 16GB on the phone and an option to use the SD card as internal memory.
All is good now.

Good luck

My s9+ works flawlessly with it, haven't had issues. Start drone,start controller, start app and connect, I know it seems backwards but it works.

My s9+ works flawlessly with it, haven't had issues. Start drone,start controller, start app and connect, I know it seems backwards but it works.

This is how i've always worked with my S7. It worked once but never again since getting my s9. I'm thinking its an app version? I was always on DJI go 4.2.18, now i'm on 4.3.0. I'm thinking it might be time to downgrade. What you using?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis