Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

out of focus pics and video on my spark

paul mc

Join
Mar 19, 2018
i wonder if any of you guys could help, i have a spark and all pics and video are out of focus when downloaded after i have flown the spark. i have downloaded both through the spark and directly via cd card transfer both with the same result. what is odd is if i hold the spark without the motors running and i try video or photo the images are clear, this is driving me mad. i have the latest firmware loaded and have tried lots of different ways to sort issue. recalibrate both imu and compass, reloading firmware and going through lots of different settings on the photo side. any suggestions guys please, is this a common fault? gimbal is level and not touching the body at all. DJI_0071.JPG

Not common at all. Have you checked the lens for debris? There is a tiny spec in your picture, in the sky area. Notice it is completely in focus, when the rest of the picture seems out of focus.
Make sure everything is in auto to start off. Just to trouble shoot. Was this sample, from your card directly?
Any filters being used?

Not common at all. Have you checked the lens for debris? There is a tiny spec in your picture, in the sky area. Notice it is completely in focus, when the rest of the picture seems out of focus.
Make sure everything is in auto to start off. Just to trouble shoot. Was this sample, from your card directly?
Any filters being used?
Hi no filters. And tried auto and manual settings. I have no idea how to remove lens front plastic to remove debris as it is not on the front

If the picture remains stable on your mobile monitor, then there should not be any reasons for them being out of focus.
Does the gimbal work properly?

T
If the picture remains stable on your mobile monitor, then there should not be any reasons for them being out of focus.
Does the gimbal work properly?
The gimbal seams fine and images on my ipad are out of focus too. But if not running motors all is in focus.. its driving me mad trying to resolve this. Thanks again for your input

So in flight the picture on your ipad is blurry as well? Not the photos but the feed on your device is bad too.

A dumb question but you did remove the clear plastic adhesive from in front of your lense...
Not a dumb question but i got spark off a mate who had only flown it once to test, i have picked at front of lens but cant feel anything to perl and my mate cant remember if he removed plastic when he first set spark up.

Not a dumb question but i got spark off a mate who had only flown it once to test, i have picked at front of lens but cant feel anything to perl and my mate cant remember if he removed plastic when he first set spark up.
Peel not perl

It honestly seems like something is on the front of the lense. But you said pics were perfect when holding it and snapping pictures. Are videos out of focus as well? While flying?

It honestly seems like something is on the front of the lense. But you said pics were perfect when holding it and snapping pictures. Are videos out of focus as well? While flying?
Very much so but its weird the left hand side of video and photos looks almost in focus. I am guessing this is going back to dji to sort

Very much so but its weird the left hand side of video and photos looks almost in focus. I am guessing this is going back to dji to sort
Yes, my thoughts exactly. Not saying your mate sold you a dud, but something is definitely not right.

issue now resolved, sold my spark for parts and bought a phantom 3 advanced. thanks
Great!
So glad that you’re happy Paul.
Enjoy your new Phantom 3
It was nice having you in the Spark community for a short time
Regardless.
Cheers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member